cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

(very) odd embedded image behavior

Uploaded some .png file images to my Canvas files, then inserted them in my lesson. Thought all was honky dory until I opened up the browser today and saw this:

262443_Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 4.57.04 PM.png

Since then I've tried all manner of things to solve and I'll spare you the details but the bottom line is this: sometimes when I visit the page everything looks fine, and sometimes it looks like what you see above. I cannot find any kind of pattern so hoping someone has seen this kind of thing before. 

Thanks.

11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

bradhorn

This is being reported everywhere!

I would suggest submitting a support ticket to help Instructure identify the extent of the problem.

Kelley

Highlighted

kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu et all—

I chatted with the help desk at my institution (Univ. of Wisc @ Madison) and they had a fix for this. Apparently one needs to clear their cache and their cookies. Instructions here: kb.wisc.edu/12384 (hope it works for those not on the UW network).

Good luck!

Highlighted

At least most places that is a temporary fix.  Hope it is permanent for you.  For most of us, it comes back.

Highlighted

Hi Brad and Teri,
Thank you for coming back and updating this thread. I checked with Support this AM and we are aware of this ongoing issue.  Clearing the cache does not permanently fix the problem as Teri mentioned. Our technicians have been able to duplicate and document the cache issue. It has been escalated to the highest level in Support and our engineers are working on solving it now. The best thing you can do is update your tickets with any new information you uncover and if you believe you have a ticket that was marked resolved before we discovered that clearing cache did not permanently fix the issue, please update them to that effect.

Thanks again for your help with getting the word out and for coming back and providing more information.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Scott,

Do we have update about the fix? We just got students reported that they have problems viewing images in quiz.

Thanks. One of my colleague is reporting this incident to CANVAS Helpdesk.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

270872_image not showing.png

More info - Above is the screenshot of the image not appearing on the student's browser. 

Highlighted

Hello sanida.supochtamjaree@sydney.edu.au,

Yes, submitting a ticket to Support with as much specific information as possible is the best path.  When you do that you will then get updates as the particular issue you are experiencing is updated. Images not appearing intermittently in browsers is a particularly vexing experience because it might be caused by one of several possible issues that all share the same or similar symptoms.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

bradhorn,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If somebody has a permanent fix on this one I would love to see it.  Had a call from a user on this one just this morning.  Clearing his cache will make it work temporarily but it always comes back.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels