cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

where do I find assignments in the commons section

Jump to solution

how can I browse assignments in the common section?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello pturner11@my.polk.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  When you click on "Commons" on the left-hand side global navigation menu, you will be taken to the Canvas Commons interface.  At the top right corner of the screen, you will see a "Filter" button.  Click that button, and then you will be able to filter just assignments that have been shared by other Canvas users from all over the world.  This Guide has further details on how this works: How do I use Commons?  Also, if your school's local Canvas administrator has enabled the preview feature of Commons, you would be able to first preview the content for a given shared assignment in Commons before importing it into your course.  See How do I preview resources in Commons? for more information.  If you don't yet see the ability to preview content in Commons, you might want to check with your school's administrator to see if he/she would be willing to turn it on for your school.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9556-38287387311 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Paige.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello pturner11@my.polk.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  When you click on "Commons" on the left-hand side global navigation menu, you will be taken to the Canvas Commons interface.  At the top right corner of the screen, you will see a "Filter" button.  Click that button, and then you will be able to filter just assignments that have been shared by other Canvas users from all over the world.  This Guide has further details on how this works: How do I use Commons?  Also, if your school's local Canvas administrator has enabled the preview feature of Commons, you would be able to first preview the content for a given shared assignment in Commons before importing it into your course.  See How do I preview resources in Commons? for more information.  If you don't yet see the ability to preview content in Commons, you might want to check with your school's administrator to see if he/she would be willing to turn it on for your school.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9556-38287387311 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Paige.

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels