cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hnatukm
Community Member

where is rich content editor

Jump to solution

I need to submit a video for my course but am having trouble with the instructions

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hnatukm  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Your subject line and body of your message seem to be asking about two different things: 1) Rich Content Editor, and 2) submitting a video for your course.  But, I think I can provide some resources for you that will cover both of these topics.  Keeping in mind that the vast majority of Community members (there are over 350,000 of us now) don't have access to your course or your school's Canvas environment, it's a little difficult to know exactly what your instructor is requiring of you for the assignment in question.  However, here are a couple Guides for you that may help:

How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student? 

How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student? 

You'll find screen shots of what the Rich Content Editor (RCE) looks like in those Guides.  Sometimes, on the web, people refer to it as a WYSIWYG (How to pronounce WYSIWYG in English) editor...which means "What You See Is What You Get".  For Canvas purposes, it's commonly referred to as the Rich Content Editor or RCE for short.

If you have additional questions about submitting the video, I would encourage you to reach out to your instructor.  You can do so via the "Help" menu on the left side of your screen in the global navigation menu.  This is described in How do I get help with Canvas as a student?.

I hope this helps, Megan.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hnatukm  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Your subject line and body of your message seem to be asking about two different things: 1) Rich Content Editor, and 2) submitting a video for your course.  But, I think I can provide some resources for you that will cover both of these topics.  Keeping in mind that the vast majority of Community members (there are over 350,000 of us now) don't have access to your course or your school's Canvas environment, it's a little difficult to know exactly what your instructor is requiring of you for the assignment in question.  However, here are a couple Guides for you that may help:

How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student? 

How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student? 

You'll find screen shots of what the Rich Content Editor (RCE) looks like in those Guides.  Sometimes, on the web, people refer to it as a WYSIWYG (How to pronounce WYSIWYG in English) editor...which means "What You See Is What You Get".  For Canvas purposes, it's commonly referred to as the Rich Content Editor or RCE for short.

If you have additional questions about submitting the video, I would encourage you to reach out to your instructor.  You can do so via the "Help" menu on the left side of your screen in the global navigation menu.  This is described in How do I get help with Canvas as a student?.

I hope this helps, Megan.  Good luck!

View solution in original post