cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

why is my canvas just showing big pictures of buttons and not what it use to look like?

how do I fix this? This is what I saw when logging in.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi brianna_rodrigue1250@elcamino.edu.  You might check and see if you accidentally zoomed the screen view.  To do this in Explorer, click on the the dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.  If under "zoom" it is over 100% try reducing this back to 100%.

If this doesn't help, let us know and folks can consider what may else be happening.  

All the best!

Highlighted

I just did that too thinking I was a fool but, no it is not zoomed in I even zoomed out and they are just huge. Here's another photo.272296_Screenshot (4).png

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi brianna_rodrigue1250@elcamino.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting you question here.  In addition to the helpful information that ericwerth has given you, I wanted to point you to a recent blog post from stuart.ryan@collaborative.education‌ called https://community.canvaslms.com/people/stuart.ryan@uts.edu.au/blog/2018/03/12/what-to-do-when-canvas... which might help to answer some of your questions as well.  Stuart provides an in-depth step-by-step troubleshooting guide on what to do in these situations.  I hope this will be of help to you, Brianna.

Highlighted

Thanks for the resource link chofer@morainepark.edu‌! brianna_rodrigue1250@elcamino.edu, if clearing the temporary internet files as described in "Case 2" works, please let us know!  If not and you have either Firefox or Chrome on your computer, you might try in one of these other browsers as well.  Sometimes if an issue exists in one browser, it doesn't when switching to another.

Best of luck!

Highlighted

so, it doesn't really help me I use Microsoft edge but, it works on internet explorer. I guess I'll just use canvas on internet explorer then. Thanks for the help.

Highlighted

Hi brianna_rodrigue1250@elcamino.edu...

Although both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are listed on this Guide, Which browsers does Canvas support?, most people here in the Canvas Community will recommend using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when navigating around Canvas.  (This is especially true when it comes time to submit homework.)  So, if you have not done so yet, I would also recommend (as ericwerth has suggested) trying one of those other browsers instead.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

brianna_rodrigue1250@elcamino.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Highlighted
Surveyor

I also encountered this issue during the last week. I zoomed in and out, cleared my cookies and history, and changed to several browsers. And no luck. Then I realize it could be the problem of my VPN. So I turned it off and it went back to normal! Hope it could help anyone who shares the same situation with me.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels