Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshumphries
Community Member

word doc

Jump to solution

Hey,

is it possible to import questions from a word doc to a canvas quiz without respondus; I have a mac. thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mshumphries  Welcome to the Canvas Community, and thanks for posting your question here.  Unfortunately, there isn't any way from the current Canvas UI (User Interface) to upload questions to a quiz.  I know that there is a Feature Idea out there that people have been giving feedback on: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2086-create-question-banks-from-msword" modifiedtitle="true" t....  Also, Instructure has been working on a brand new quizzing engine, and maybe they will be incorporating this functionality into that new quiz interface at some time.  We don't really know when the new quizzing interface will be released to the public....but I've heard sometime in early 2018 (?).  I'd encourage you to check out the Quizzes LTI User Group in the Canvas Community...as you'll probably find additional information about the new quizzing engine that's being worked on.

Finally, since you mentioned Respondus, I'll point you to a blog I wrote a while back which details how to format files so that they can be used in conjunction with Respondus to batch-upload quiz questions to a course: Batch Uploading Quiz Questions with Respondus.  This is in the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins group within the Canvas Community, and you can click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the group page to follow the group...as well as click on the "Actions" >> "Join group" option to join.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Mercedes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mshumphries  Welcome to the Canvas Community, and thanks for posting your question here.  Unfortunately, there isn't any way from the current Canvas UI (User Interface) to upload questions to a quiz.  I know that there is a Feature Idea out there that people have been giving feedback on: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2086-create-question-banks-from-msword" modifiedtitle="true" t....  Also, Instructure has been working on a brand new quizzing engine, and maybe they will be incorporating this functionality into that new quiz interface at some time.  We don't really know when the new quizzing interface will be released to the public....but I've heard sometime in early 2018 (?).  I'd encourage you to check out the Quizzes LTI User Group in the Canvas Community...as you'll probably find additional information about the new quizzing engine that's being worked on.

Finally, since you mentioned Respondus, I'll point you to a blog I wrote a while back which details how to format files so that they can be used in conjunction with Respondus to batch-upload quiz questions to a course: Batch Uploading Quiz Questions with Respondus.  This is in the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins group within the Canvas Community, and you can click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the group page to follow the group...as well as click on the "Actions" >> "Join group" option to join.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Mercedes.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @mshumphries ...

I wanted to check in with you again because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on December 14, 2017.  Have you had an opportunity to review my reply (above)?  I know it might not be a direct/complete answer to your question, but hopefully it gives you some ideas on what is currently possible and what is coming down the road.  If you feel that my response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Canvas Community, please come back to this topic to post an update below so that someone might be able to assist you.  I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that is alright with you, Mercedes.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

sorry I didn't understand I was to mark correct; I just did.

thanks

Your accomplishments today drive your success in the future.

Mercedes Humphries, MT(ASCP), MSA

National Board Certified Teacher, AYA/Science

National Board Renewal, 2010

College Prep and Honors Biology

Science Department Chair

Kings Mountain High School

704-476-8330

Fax: 704-734-1723

Cleveland County Schools does not discriminate against any person on the

basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, or age in

its activities and programs, including employment policies and practices.

Cleveland County Schools no discrimina en contra de ninguna persona basado

en raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, religión, deshabilidad, ó edad en

sus actividades y programas, incluyendo reglas de empleo y sus prácticas.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 6:52 PM, chofer@morainepark.edu <