cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Anyone having problems with grade passback to Powerschool in crosslisted courses?

I am working with two separate teachers who both have crosslisted courses.  When they click post grades to pass grades to Powerschool from Canvas, everything transfers fine for one course, but only the assignment shell and no grades transfer for the other course.  Evenually with enough tries and over the course of a few days, the grades appear.  I can't figure out why the assignment is transferring, but not the grades for the second course.  I thought maybe it had something to do with the Canvas gradebook being sorted to show only one section, but that didn't seem to make a difference.  

Anyone else seeing this issue or have any suggestions?     

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

skreitzer@ldsd.org‌, I just checked and Canvas seems to be fully up and operational right now - Canvas Status, so I'm going to share this with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/grade-pass-back?sr=search&searchId=40c4b580-5b02-4348-b23d-0f... and https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/k12?sr=search&searchId=98156726-0455-469c-a6d5-64d45e22382c&s... groups in the Community to see if they can help trouble-shoot this. In addition, if you haven't already you might want to contact Canvas Support (Help link --> Report a Problem) to see if they can help.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Not sure if this has been answered or not...but typically when we see this, All Sections has to be selected to post to all sections at once. Otherwise, you can post to each individual section by just choosing that section. 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello skreitzer@ldsd.org‌...

While I don't have an answer for you (I'm not familiar with PowerSchool), I wanted to check in with you because we've not heard from you since you first posted this question on March 23rd.  Have you had an opportunity to review the responses from kona@richland.edu‌ and codom@rhmail.org‌?  If so, did either of their responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your initial question?  If one of the above responses did answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for help, please let us know that by posting a message below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for quite a while.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you, Stacy.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!