cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

HELP! No Due Date Error Messages

Jump to solution

I'm a district admin and a large number of our teachers are getting a No Due Date error message when attempting to post grades from Canvas to PowerSchool.  This is suddenly onset (yesterday and today) and the assignments all seem to have dates.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Our grades are due today and I have a lot of panicked teachers.... 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Update:  The problem seems to be affecting assignments with multiple due dates.  Canvas is now aware of the situation and according to them, the PowerSchool engineers are working to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. If teachers receive a Missing Due Dates error when trying to post grades, they can put the assignment date in the field of the error message or go into the actual assignment and add an EVERYONE ELSE due date.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm not sure of the answer to this question, but I'm sharing it with the Grade Pass Back & K-12​ groups to see if they can help. If you haven't already, I would also recommend joining these groups and checking out the different resources and information they have.

Here are a few documents I found in the Community that I thought might help:

In addition since this seems to be a time sensitive issue I would definitely contact Canvas Support ASAP to see if they can help.

Highlighted

Thanks for your response and for sharing to different audiences.  I escalated a support ticket this morning and have contacted my CSM, but have not heard back from anyone.  I've read every guide and question I can find throughout the community and it doesn't seem to be problem for anyone else.... but like I said, we now have grades due in less than 3 hours and my teachers are extremely frustrated.  

Highlighted

Hope you hear back from someone and get this resolved soon! :smileycry:

Highlighted
Community Member

Update:  The problem seems to be affecting assignments with multiple due dates.  Canvas is now aware of the situation and according to them, the PowerSchool engineers are working to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. If teachers receive a Missing Due Dates error when trying to post grades, they can put the assignment date in the field of the error message or go into the actual assignment and add an EVERYONE ELSE due date.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Surveyor

Our problem is that assignments without due dates are not being flagged for errors. The message comes across that XX number of assignments have posted. Teachers are not always sure how many are supposed to be posting, so they assume all was posted to PowerSchool - but those without due dates have not. Only upon checking PowerSchool has the error been found. The faculty is losing confidence in the SIS link.