PTP Part I - How do I import assignment groups from PowerSchool?

Jump to solution
AbbyAds
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

If your institution is using PowerTeacher Pro in the PowerSchool student information system (SIS), you can import assignment groups from PowerTeacher Pro. Assignment groups are collected and verified every 24 hours to be imported into Canvas.

If you choose to use this feature for PowerTeacher Pro, you must import all assignment groups into Canvas before adding assignments in Canvas. Canvas assignments will not be synced to PowerTeacher Pro unless they are located in a group imported from PowerTeacher Pro.

Imported groups include an import icon to identify them from manually created assignment groups in Canvas.

Notes:

• If your course includes multiple sections in PowerTeacher Pro, each section must have the same number of assignment groups (categories) with the same names.
    • For example, if one section in PowerTeacher Pro includes four categories (Homework, Quizzes, Written Response, and Participation), and another section includes three categories (Homework, Quizzes, and Written Response) you will need to create another category to match the titles of the categories in the other section (Participation) so each has the exact same number of categories and titles for sections. 
  • Assignment groups cannot be imported from the legacy PowerTeacher gradebook. PowerTeacher does not support assignment group imports. However, you can manually create assignment groups that match the assignment groups in the PowerSchool PowerTeacher gradebook.

Open Assignments

Open Assignments

In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.

Import Assignment Groups

Import Assignment Groups

Click the Options menu [1], then click the Import Assignment Groups option [2].

Add Assignment Groups

Add Assignment Groups

In the Import Assignment Groups window, click the Add button.

View Imported Groups

View Imported Groups

View the groups imported from PowerTeacherPro.

Note: If an assignment group is not imported, the assignment group may not yet be verified for import. Try importing the groups again in 24 hours.

1 Solution
jjcaraballos
Community Novice

I did this thrice this week, each time I waited over night but still did not see the groups? What I am doing wrong?

Help please.

View solution in original post

0 Likes