Powershell Script Issue

Jump to solution
pamedmoston
Community Member

Hello all,

I am trying to use the offered Powershell script (FullBatch.ps1) to upload our SIS data to Canvas. I have manually uploaded the files with no problem. I am using the same files, and keep getting the same error: Unable to start an SIS import for this term. Please ensure a term with this SIS ID has already been created in Canvas. (SIS ID's are case sensative)

(sensative should be spelled sensitive by the way!). I know that my regex is fine, I know that the term in the terms file has the same SIS ID as the term that has already been uploaded. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Pam

1 Solution

Thanks, Alex, that's good to know. The issue is that I had version 2 of Powershell, not version 3! The script is using commands that are new in version 3. With version 3, it is running!

New question: The current script is looking for a zip file. Does anyone know how it could be modified to work directly with .csv files? My extract process creates the .csv files but doesn't zip them.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

View solution in original post