Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wing_yiu

Could we add a Vimeo link?

Jump to solution

Is there a way we could add a Vimeo link? Like YouTube?  

Will this be a feature in the development?

Tags (1)
1 Solution
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hello  @wing_yiu ‌,

Last I checked no just YouTube.  I don't see this option on the road map but this might be a good opportunity to submit a feature request for it, I don't currently see one.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hello  @wing_yiu ‌,

Last I checked no just YouTube.  I don't see this option on the road map but this might be a good opportunity to submit a feature request for it, I don't currently see one.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Vimeo has its advantage and we definitely see the value of it.  It would be good to have both YouTube and Vimeo links added.

ysmalls
Community Champion

I agree!  I have some teachers gravitate to Vimeo and others to Youtube and some to both.  It would be an added resource for teacher.

Cambras

agreed, where do we put this feature request?

0 Kudos
ysmalls
Community Champion

There already is a Conversation about this.

This process changes so take a look at the new process How do idea conversations work in the Canvas Community?  t

After that head over and rate this Conversation, I already did Add vimeo in canvas studio 

Hi @ysmalls ...

You may have already seen this, but there's a new posting about Vimeo in that Feature Idea link you shared...which sounds very promising!

0 Kudos
ysmalls
Community Champion

@Chris_Hofer OHHHH!  You made my day!  Happy to see that, thanks for the tag.  I'm specially happy to see this since Instructure has lots of training videos through Vimeo.

Stay safe.

abailey2

So I want to place this video in Canvas Studio:
https://vimeo.com/showcase/6861074/video/74677642

Note: This video is made BY CANVAS but is not available on YouTube.

I would like to formally vote that this be added as a feature.

Last updated: 2021-06-06 In this video, you will learn about your Canvas Dashboard and Global Navigation links. You'll also learn about navigating a course and accessing assignments. To view subtitles for this video, click the CC button in the tool bar. View the transcript for this video: ...
0 Kudos
ysmalls
Community Champion

@abailey2 

Make sure to vote for it by following the link I had previously posted.

Also with Vimeo you have the option to "download" the video.  You can always downloads this video and upload to your course and post it where you want it.

Stay safe.

EmmaMegan

YouTube link is perfect to explain your point to people. YouTube has more traffic than Vimeo.

0 Kudos