Studio Screen Capture Bug in macOS Catalina 10.15

Jump to solution
gnordberg
Community Contributor

When doing a Screen Capture in Canvas Studio, the option to record from a webcam in addition to recording the screen isn't working. I've tried it on 2 different Macs running macOS Catalina (10.15) in Google Chrome and Safari with the same symptoms.

I know Catalina changes a lot of behavior surrounding how applications have access to things like the Mac's camera, microphone, file system, etc. but I've verified that the Screen Recorder.app already has permission for Screen Recording and Camera in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.

I have no problem recording a Webcam Capture in Canvas Studio so I know my webcam is working properly and has the appropriate permissions to access my Mac's camera.

I contacted Canvas support about this and they've identified it as a known issue that they were able to reproduce. Canvas case 04887797.

Labels (1)
8 Solutions
mroach2
Community Participant

Is this still a known issue?

Thank you!

Melissa

View solution in original post

gnordberg
Community Contributor

Thankfully, no. It's been resolved in an update 

bxf13b
Community Participant

Could you advise what you need to update? OS, the Recorder Software or were you referring to an update in Canvas? Thank you!

0 Likes
sarahsavage7
Community Member

I have the same problem. Please tell me how to fix it!!!

0 Likes
rsasso
Community Contributor

When you state this issue has been resolved with an update...what update are you referring to? MacOS? Chrome? Studio?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Caleb-Hutchings
Community Member

IT IS STILL NOT WORKING YET TEACHERS EXPECT KIDS TO RECORD SCIENCE FAIR BUT THEY CAN'T ON THEIR CHROMEBOOKS AND IT IS REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ANNOYIIIIINGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vvanry
Community Explorer

I am experiencing the same problem in MAC Big Sur OS.

Veronica

I was trying to test this issue out with my Mac on OS 10.15.7 and when i record it still shows only my desktop image and not the browser that I would like to record. So, I take it this has not been resolved yet?