How do I add annotations to my media in Canvas Studio?

You can add annotations to your media in Canvas Studio. Annotations include a headline and text, and you can also add links and hyperlinks. When viewers play the annotated media, the media pauses and annotations display. You can also edit and delete annotations.

Notes:

• After logging into Canvas Studio through Canvas Global Navigation, you can add annotations to your uploaded media. Annotations cannot be added to your media anywhere else in the Canvas interface.
  • You can only add annotations to your own uploaded media. However, you can add time-stamped comments to media that is shared with you.

Open Media Annotation Tool

On the My Library page, locate the media you want to annotate. Click the Options icon [1] and select the Annotate Video option [2].

Add Annotation in Media

Add Annotaiton in Media

In the media timeline, pause the media where you want to add an annotation [1]. Click the Add icon [2].

Enter Notecard Details

Enter Notecard Details

Add a headline in the Headline field [1]. You can enter up to eighty characters in the headline field.

Add description text in the Description field [2]. You can enter up to two hundred characters in the description field.

Save Annotation

Save Annotation

Click the Save button.

View Annotation

View Annotation

View the annotation.

To edit the annotation, click the Edit icon [1]. To dismiss the annotation, click the Continue button [2].

View Annotation in Media

View Annotation in Media Timeline

Annotations display in your media timeline. To view and edit the annotation, click the Annotation icon.