The tl;dr Canvas Podcast Episode 11 - October 2020

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Podcast event banner.png

Dear Listeners

In this podcast, we reviewed CanvasCon Online 2020—the first of what will probably be many online events. And we'd like to thank each of you for your participation! If you missed CanvasCon Online, our cohosts share how you can view the sessions on demand! But we have more than just CanvasCon to discuss.

This podcast episode features the following topics:

CanvasCon Online 2020—CanvasCon Online was wildly successful, with over 25k+ unique visitors. Get a recap and learn how to watch the sessions.

Student Enhancements—Canvas engineer Jared Crystal discusses recent updates to the Student Enhancements feature, now available to be used in the production environment.

Recent History—Jeremy Stanley @jeremy2 explains the concept of Hackweek, why engineers participate, and how it helped create the new Canvas Recent History feature.

Microsoft Partnership—Microsoft and Canvas have teamed up to offer new collaboration opportunities.

Instructure Store—Scott Dennis @scottdennis shares the background of creating a new online store available to everyone around the world.

Resources

Release Notes

Canvas Release Notes (2020-10-21)

How do I view my recent page view history in Canvas as an admin?
How do I view my recent page view history in Canvas as an instructor?
How do I view my recent page view history in Canvas as a student?

Community
Student Enhancements User Group

Events

CanvasCon Online 2020 Sessions

Instructure Swag Store

Partnerships

Press Release: Instructure to Use Microsoft Teams as a Default Conferencing Tool in Canvas

Podcast Details

Listen

Feedback

Do you have an idea of something you'd like to see from the product team in future episodes? Share feedback in the comments below!

Objectives

• Share insights about upcoming Canvas features and other improvements
  • Discuss internal thoughts about the product process
  • Explain the why of a product's development and benefit to customers

Schedule

Podcasts are published the Wednesday following the Canvas release, unless otherwise scheduled. For dates, please see Canvas Release Calendar Overview.

Team

Meet the minds behind the tl;dr podcast—

headshots-round-matt.pngMatt Goodwin (Host)

Senior Director, Product Management

Matt started his professional life working for a software company as a technical implementation consultant, followed by positions in engineering and IT project management. Now he enjoys spending his days in the rewarding work of educational software. @mattg 

headshots-round-ryan.pngRyan Lufkin (Host)

Senior Director, Higher Ed Product Marketing

Ryan’s career has been largely spent in the edtech space. His experience spans enterprise resource planning and curriculum design across various LMS providers. He currently focuses on strategic initiatives that market Canvas to both new and existing higher education customers. @ryan 

headshots-round-jenn.pngJenn Mitchell (Host)

Director, K12 Product Marketing

After working in higher ed, Jenn worked in marketing before finding a home in K-12 edtech. Passionate about supporting educators as they make real, lasting impact for students, she leads the K-12 product marketing team for LMS and assessment products. @jmitchell3 

headshots-round-erin.pngErin Hallmark (Producer)

Manager, Release Communications

With a passion for the written word and a customer mindset, Erin's career has spanned both corporate and technical writing opportunities. Her overall objective is to ensure all Canvas users have the resources they need for success in the Canvas Community space. @erinhmcmillan