All about Printing New Quizzes (Prod 8/21)

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

All about Printing New Quizzes (Prod 8/21)

Our announcement post  talked through the why and how to access new printing options. Now that Beta has the new printing options, here’s what to expect.  

Here is a two part video overview:

First is a demo of where to access the printing options for : Print a Blank Quiz, Print Sample Answer Key, Print as Student Completed an Attempt. (~4min)

I’m sure you’re also wondering how item types on screen translate to a printed version. Here is a walk through of various item types. (~ 6min)

Not Included:

Printing an entire Item Bank

In-app emailing quiz for student to print

Downloading all student quizzes submitted at once

Print “one question at a time” 

Print multiple randomized quizzes with one click (can have multiple randomized with many print requests)

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

4 Comments
blockeramanda
Community Member

I am unable to print an answer key. When it goes to "print preview" it is only showing what is on the current screen, not the entire test. I noticed that it does the same thing in the video above because it showed only 1 page to print in the print preview box. I am able to print the entire blank test however. Anyone figure this one out. I was able to do it once, but have been running into this issue since. 

mjennings
Community Coach
Community Coach

I am having the same issue as @blockeramanda, but only with printing an individual student's exam.  

SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

If you haven't already, please submit a support ticket. This helps us identify the exact situation which causes printing to fail. Some of these can be scenarios which are hard for us to anticipate and identify on our own. We have one known issue 

If your situation sounds different, please, please submit a ticket so that support can get us all of the details.

hymtang
Community Explorer

@SuSorensen thank you for the blog post and glad to see the printing of a student's completed attempt is now available for New Quizzes.

Just wondered, can the print out of the student's completed attempt include the student name? Currently, I need to type it at the file name when I save the print out as PDF.