Information on Authorize.net migration

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

zsgoreczky
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

As Authorize.net made it public, they have deprecated and are sunsetting their SIM solution, a.k.a. the “classic” Authorize.net payment gateway. Their recommended upgrade path is Accept Hosted, which is offered by Payment Redirector, therefore is safe to use. (See https://developer.authorize.net/api/upgrade_guide.html#sim ) The time has now come for all our clients who still use the legacy SIM gateway to transition to the new solution. The transition should be smooth and requires minimal changes to the account’s Authorize.net configuration and no contractual changes as far as we know. 

If you are aware of your Catalog instance using Authorize.net, in the upcoming days please contact your CSM if they haven’t reached out to you about the migration yet. They will help to coordinate between you and the engineering team. You will likely need to apply some minor changes on your Catalog account, but please don’t worry about this, we will be there to help and they will be really minor. The migration will be done in batches, but be assured, until we finish processing migrations, all legacy SIM solutions will still work.

If you have any questions, please send those to your CSM. 

Thank you, 

Zsofi

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

10 Comments
mdthomas
Community Contributor

Thank you for this notice. I have a Canvas Case #07149035 and wondering if the problem I currently have with the payment portal in Catalog not working is related to this.

zsgoreczky
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi @mdthomas 
Yes, this is very likely caused by the deprecated version of Authorize.net
Your dedicated Customer Success Manager will send you some steps to follow and those will solve this issue. 

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mdthomas Let me know if you need any help. You know how to reach me. 🙂

mdthomas
Community Contributor

Thanks for the comments. It is all worked out based on some documentation from my CSM about what fields to make required/not required in the Authorize.net portal.

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

Great! Glad to hear it!

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

@zsgoreczky is there any update on this?

zsgoreczky
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi @jsowalsk We have already migrated those institutions that took the necessary steps and their CSMs got back to us and gave us the green light. If you have questions about your instance's configuration or how the migration is going, please ping your CSM and they can check on in with us. 

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

@zsgoreczky, ours is all set up. I am interested in knowing how to get our beta instance set up with authorize without having to re set it up each time there is a Catalog Beta refresh?

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

We are finally all set -- after the beta refresh the payment gateways stuck in beta!!! It only took three years to make this happen -- thank you @zsgoreczky .

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure