Thank You, Teachers!

This blog from the Instructure Product Team is no longer considered current. While the resource still provides value to the product development timeline, it is available only as a historical reference.

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

It’s been a lot of years since I was in first grade. I mean A LOT of years. But, I still get a boost of joy when I think about Mrs. Asay. She was an incredible teacher and a genuinely good human being. I will never forget the way she made me feel. I will also never forget how devastated our class was to learn that she was moving to Pennsylvania over the summer following our first grade year, which meant we wouldn’t see her in the halls in years to come. Fast forward to summer break and imagine the sheer delight of this 7-year old girl as she found a postcard in the mailbox with her name on it. And, you guessed it, it was from Mrs. Asay! Just after the start of second grade, Mrs. Asay also went out of her way to call each of the children from our class to see how our year was going and let us know how much she cared. At such a young age, I already knew that I wanted to be a teacher, but this solidified that desire. 

I had so many amazing teachers throughout my school years. Teachers who inspired me in so many different ways. And, that didn’t stop after graduation from high school. My college professors, particularly those in the education program, continued to inspire me and push me to be the best that I could be. I’d say the same for many of the teachers that my own children have now had the privilege of working with. 

Teachers, you have the most important job and you go about your way with dedication and grace. This past year has likely been the hardest for many of you over your career. I see you and the extra efforts that you’ve put into meeting the needs of your students in so many ways during this challenging year. I’ve celebrated with you and I’ve cried with you. This week I celebrate you. 

From this former educator, turned ed tech product manager, Happy Teacher Appreciation Week. Thank you this week and EVERY week for the work that you do.

This blog from the Instructure Product Team is no longer considered current. While the resource still provides value to the product development timeline, it is available only as a historical reference.

1 Comment
shaun_moon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Here! Here!

Aside from my mother and father, there isn't anyone who has shaped me as a person or a professional as much as my teachers and professors.

My own deepest admiration and gratitude to all you of you for cultivating a better future!