The New Instructure Roadmap

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

shaun_moon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I. LOVE. MY. JOB.

I love it.

One of the things I love the most is talking with the people that use Intructure’s products.

I love learning about your goals.

I love learning about how you creatively solve problems.

I love (believe it or not) hearing about your frustrations.

There’s just one problem—there aren’t enough hours in the day and days in the week to talk with all of you. That’s a bummer for me, but it’s more than that when you don’t have the information that you need to effectively accomplish your goals with the tools we’re working on to support you.

So while someone else works on the “more hours in the day” problem, we’re going to work on better artifacts for communicating roadmap information for Instructure products.

Enter roadmap.canvaslms.com.

As part of the revamp of our community platform, we’ve added a page where we're showing a forecast of the next three months of work on Instructure products. The information you’ll find on the Roadmap is checked and updated at least once a month on the same cadence as information is refreshed internally. This cadence, of course, will mean that sometimes the release date for a feature will be delayed as teams can often encounter hidden complexities in the technology, or they may need to address emergent issues in other parts of the product. It can also mean that features are added and release dates can move up on the schedule.

Features on the Roadmap may often include related links to blogs and idea conversations. These supplemental links provide some background regarding the feature and provide you with more information. And once a feature in the current month has been released, we’ll include a link to the relevant release notes document.

I hope that everyone will check in on the Roadmap regularly—share it with others in your organization as a first line of inquiry for “what’s going on with Instructure’s products?”

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

4 Comments