What improvements would you like to see in our Groups feature?

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

Katrina-Hess
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello Community! We have received many feature requests for Groups over the years. Thank you for your posts in the Ideas space and requests through your CSMs. We are currently reviewing those. I would also love to hear from you on this thread to get a sense of any new and/or updated use cases. 

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Best, Katrina

Tags (2)

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

53 Comments
John_Gaspar
Community Participant

This thread is over a year old. Has any of the feedback been taken on board for development?

erik_lysbakken
Community Participant

Would love to hear if you have any plans for group enhancements after reviewing all the feedback! Over here in Norway we are pretty desperate for some group improvements 🙂 

BevHoerig
Community Member

Despite this being a somewhat old thread, I will add my suggestion. It would be helpful if there was some visual notification to group members indicating who their group leader is. Of course, the instructor could send an announcement or other message out to group members, or the group leader could send an announcement, but sometimes even the group leader doesn't realize they have been assigned the role because the only indicator is that they have an Edit Group button on their group homepage. And group members have no indicator. Perhaps adding the group leader icon (that instructors see) to the group's People page would be an easy fix. 

Thanks!