VE User Group Rules of Engagement
Below is the summary of what was discussed during the kick off meeting yesterday
What is a Canvas User Group?
- Customer led/owned, Instructure nurtured
- Chaired by a member/s of the user group
- Minimum of 4 events held per calendar year with agenda chosen by the members
- User group can be run in person or online
- The user group has an agreed objective
- Members need to be customers and not prospects/pilots
What is the role of Instructure?
- Sourcing Speakers from different areas both Internally and Externally
- Facilitate a face to face event (opportunity to leverage things like CanvasCon, VELG etc)
- Product highlight updates
- Being the voice of the User group within Instructure
- Fostering relationships between customers
What is the objective of this user group?
- Create a voice for the Vocational Education sector - we do things differently!
- Space to collaborate on solutions/successful workflows and collective challenges
- Forum to brainstorm and share ideas/practices
- Improve organisations efficiencies based on other user's experience
Who make up the committee?
- Damian Noud - MRWED
- Marion Weeks - TasTAFE
- Kerri Buttery - VETNexus
- Julian Ridden - Upskilled
- Their role is to lead the meetings and provide direction
- All questions/queries/discussion to be pointed to the Community group - please don't bombard our Chairs!
What will be the meeting cadence?
- Minimum 4 events a year.
- Focus on relevant issues to the industry at the time of conception.
Where will meetings take place?
- Meetings will be conducted via ZOOM or Face to face.
- Upcoming meets will be made available via Vocational Ed & Training feed as well as direct mailout.
- We strongly suggest you subscribe to the Vocational Ed and Training Group so you dont miss a thing (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Vocational-Ed-Training/gh-p/vet)
- Face-to-face meet-up where possible
What will be discussed?
- Each meeting will have specific topics covered and agenda will be made available through the community
- Future agenda topics will discussed at the end of each User Group
Where and how will meeting minutes/discussions be recorded?
- Meetings will be recorded in this Community group as Blog posts
- Instructure will facilitate this process for each meeting
How will this VET Community Group work?
- Single source of truth for the User Group
- Prioritise group discussion over individual reach outs wherever possible - others may also benefit!
- All meeting minutes will be recorded as Blog Posts
- Questions and discussions which follow on from the meet-ups topics to continue as comments beneath the posts
- All VET relevant resources will be housed here
- To better get to know each other, what our organisations deliver and what we are doing in Canvas, the group decided it would be beneficial to each do a 'speed dating' profile!
- Please head to this Document, copy the template to a Comment and fill in your information
Top 10 Feature Requests
- Living, breathing record of the most relevant requests for the group
- Please start adding the most relevant feature requests for your organisation as comments to this Document
- We will review suggestions in the next meeting to determine our Top 10 Areas of Priority