Adam Ware CSM - Instructure APAC @wezza_apac 

Recording

13 Comments
dnoud
Community Participant

Almost kick-off time. Let's do this!

d_stark
Community Participant

Unfortunately I've hit a logistical challenge and can't make it!

I'll need to watch the recording 😞

kerributtery
Community Participant

I'm not going to make it sorry! I'm delivering a H5P Branching Scenario webinar this morning so need to be online for that from 10.30am. I was going to join in for the first half hour but I just had a meeting run over time, so missed the opportunity.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone! 🎄

dnoud
Community Participant

Sorry you couldn't make it, folks. Merry Christmas to both of you and everyone in the VET User Group.

marita_bird
Community Participant

Trying to find the new assignment teacher enhancements in test and beta, is it something that needs to be enabled by our CSM?

Test

marita_bird_3-1606363116818.png

Beta

marita_bird_2-1606363080841.png

adamwarecs
Instructure
Instructure

Hi marita - I emailed you a response to this yesterday.

On another note, "Treat Ungraded as Zero" is returning to the Gradebook as of December - you can find more here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Releases/Canvas-Release-Notes-2020-12-19/ta-p/424284#toc-hId-6979... 

😎

adamwarecs
Instructure
Instructure

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 11.03.16 AM.png

kerributtery
Community Participant

Hi all,

Catching up on this one and looking through the links. Something that I've started doing with observation checklists and using rubric criteria and outcomes is not actually setting up each item of the observation checklist as an outcome. I find using an outcome for every criteria ends up 'over reporting' and difficult to navigate when you want to find out an overall result. I am finding it more useful to setup as criterion only, and then an outcome for the final item as an overall 'satisfactory' or 'unsatisfactory' judgement. This replicates the manual process of an assessor signing off the front of the assessment as satisfactory achievement (remembering that an individual task is not going to be 'competent'). 

On discussions with others, including ASQA, we have also come to the conclusion that we need a final assessor sign-off for a student for a unit. A judgement of overall competence is not a system decision - it is an assessor decision. Therefore, I'm now setting up an outcome for a final unit sign-off. This is really useful for reporting purposes, and if you've got an integration.

Hopefully I can make it to our first catch-up for 2021!

Kerri

dnoud
Community Participant

Thanks Kerri. I am hoping we can discuss this with everyone at a future get together. @adamwarecs 

WatsonWork
Community Participant

Hi,

Can the chat notes for this session please be included (or link provided). I can find September minutes/notes.

Thanks,

Gareth

WatsonWork
Community Participant

Are there User Group sessions happening in 2021?

adamwarecs
Instructure
Instructure

hi @WatsonWork, we're actually putting together our 2nd user group for 2021 at the moment and I'll shortly be releasing the recording from our first catchup. Definitely suggest reaching out to your Canvas Customer Success Manager to ensure you receive an invite to the best group in town!

Look forward to seeing you soon.

adamwarecs
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @WatsonWork 

Just to round out our conversation, I've now updated the Vocational Ed Space were you can catchup on our March User group plus register for May 20th. Look forward to seeing you there.