u6032171's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

What happens to ungraded quizzes?

I have a (old-style) quiz that my students took.  There is a 0pt question on the quiz that is "essay" format.  The grades won't show until I manually score each of these as a 0 instead of a...

04-20-2022

How to post grades

I don't have an option to post grades.  As you can see in the image below, the grades are all hidden.  How can I post grades?

02-14-2022

Assign quiz during non-contiguous times

I have a Canvas quiz.  I would like for my students to be able to take the quiz during normal class time, say 1pm to 2pm either Wednesday or Thursday.  How can I have the quiz be open durin...

04-18-2021

Allow students to view quiz questions after quiz

I have a quiz that was due yesterday.  I don't want students to be able to take the quiz, so I've set it to be unavailable after yesterday.  However, I want students to be able to view the ...

04-15-2021

Allow students to view quiz questions after quiz

I have a quiz that was due yesterday.  I don't want students to be able to take the quiz, so I've set it to be unavailable after yesterday.  However, I want students to be able to view the ...

04-13-2021

Get messager's official name?

I have received a message from a student.  It lists here name as [some_name].  However, when checking the "People" page on my class, I have no student whose official name is [some_name].&nb...

12-15-2020

Meaning of group columns in gradebook export

When I export the gradebook, I get 4 columns that seem to be related to students' score in a particular assignment group.  I have a group called "Labs", and in the exported gradebook there are c...

12-07-2020

API endpoint to see if assignment grades have posted

The Assignments API returns a value that reveals whether or not the grades for this assignment are posted manually or not.  However, there doesn't seem to be a value to determine if the gra...

12-07-2020

How does drop lowest grade work?

Does it just go by a percentage?  Right now, I have some assignments that are worth slightly different total points.  And dropping the lowest assignment by percentage will not necessarily b...

12-03-2020

Message reply button missing

I got a message from a student.  I would like to reply to that message.  There is no reply button.  Usually, there is a reply button.... Normal message: This message:  When...

11-19-2020

get all quiz submissions?

Hi, I'm hitting https://utah.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/636288/quizzes/1980551/submissions to try and get a list of all of the quiz submissions, but it's only returning 10 results.  I c...

11-06-2020

How to replace an image?

I have an image in my course files.  Let's call it "image.png".  I want to replace that image with a similar image with better resolution, say "image2.png".  Now, on my computer, if I ...

10-29-2020

How to access hidden navigation portals?

I hid the "My Media" nav link on my course from students.  But, now it's hidden from me as well.  How do I access "My Media" and keep it hidden from students?

10-22-2020

HEEEELLLPPPP!!!! I imported stuff into my running Canvas course and stuff was deleted!!!!

I lost at least one lab that students had already taken!!! I need to recover my lost content.  The /undelete is no help.  Please someone at Canvas help!

10-16-2020

What happens if I edit a quiz while a student is taking it?

I have assigned a quiz, and students are taking it, but I want to work on expanding the answer comments.  If I edit the answer comments, and "save" the quiz while a student is taking it, what wi...

09-24-2020

Student submitted assignment after Until and Due dates

I have a quiz that has a Due date of Sep 21st 2020 11:59pm, and an "Available Until" date of Sep 21st 2020 11:59pm.  This how-to suggests that that is the way to prevent late submissions.  ...

09-24-2020

Can't get push notifications on phone

Android 9 Moto G plus.  "Push notifications have not been registered for this device".  Battery saving is not active. I'm an instructor, using the student app as a test student.  Po...

08-04-2020

Is canvas studio a separate product from canvas? If so, is it possible to get an individual license to use canvas studio and how much would such a thing be?

Is canvas studio a separate product from canvas?  If so, is it possible to get an individual license to use canvas studio and how much would such a thing be?

08-03-2020