Chris Hofer's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Notifications] Reported Reply for Discussions Redesign

Problem statement: On a course "Home" page, there is a "View Course Notifications" button on the right side of the page. When you click on this button, underneath the "Discussions" heading is a row ...

02-02-2024

Admin Analytics - Select All Option in Filter

Problem: When in Admin Analytics and using the Filter button, the Select All option is not immediately available to select all items within the dropdown lists for Sub-Account, Term, Courses, and...

01-16-2024

[Pages] Select All Pages to Bulk Delete

Problem statement: Problem: Even though it is possible to select multiple Pages to delete (by placing a checkmark next to each page name), there isn't a way in the Canvas UI to select all pages at o...

01-04-2024

[Commons] Link to Contact the Author

When looking at resources shared to Canvas Commons, you can click on the "Details" tab to see things like the author, grade/level, tags, people who have commented with reviews, etc.  On this scr...

07-19-2022

[New Quizzes] Files Attached to New Quizzes Questions

In New Quizzes, when you upload/embed an image as part of a question, it renames the file.  For example, I had embedded a picture of Olaf from the movie "Frozen" into a question.  The origi...

04-19-2022

[New Quizzes] Renamed Files after Migrating a Classic Quiz to a New Quiz

tl;dr When migrating Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes, any files attached to quiz questions get renamed.  Attached file names should not be renamed during migration. More Context I recently ...

04-19-2022

Renamed Files after Migrating a Classic Quiz to a New Quiz

I recently migrated a Classic Quiz to a New Quiz in my sandbox course to do some testing.  In the Classic Quiz, there is a brief set of up-front instructions for students which includes two link...

04-04-2022

[SIS] Export Report: enrollments.csv

tl;dr It would be helpful if the SIS Export Report >> enrollments.csv report (How do I view reports for an account?) would also include the first/last name of the user along with the use...

11-08-2021

Allow Instructors to Enroll Other Instructors in Master Courses

tl;dr    We are looking for a way to give our instructors the ability to enroll other instructors into "master" courses on their own instead of going through us...as Canvas Administrators.&...

10-20-2021

[Studio] Add Vimeo Showcases to Canvas Studio

This Feature Idea is similar to the one submitted by @MalenaM called Canvas Studio Playlist - Instructure Community. Now that Vimeo has been added as another video option for Canvas ...

09-28-2021

[Admin Tools] Add "Last Login" Column to "Bounced Emails" Screen

As a Canvas administrator, I can run a report to see if we have any students or instructors that have bounced e-mail addresses in Canvas following the steps in: How do I view bounced email notifica...

09-13-2021

Text Formatting Oddity in the Rich Content Editor - Locally Installed Instance

Hello.  In addition to our main Canvas environment (cloud-based) that we use for our faculty and students, we have a separate Canvas environment that is locally hosted on-site.  We have man...

05-17-2021

Permission Definition Highlighting

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-07-07) As a Canvas administrator, when I am looking at the "A...

03-08-2021

Selection Cursor for LTI Apps in the Rich Content Editor (RCE)

When I am editing a content page in a course using the RCE, I select the "Apps" icon, and then choose "View All" to see all my available integrated apps that we have integrated in our Canvas environm...

02-23-2021

[Commons] Update Parts of Shared Course Content from Commons

tl;dr It would be nice if Commons updated only the parts of a shared course that were updated and not the entire course.  Right now, Commons seems to overwrite an entire course. More Details...

10-26-2020

Scrolling through Studio Insights

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas In Canvas Studio, it is possible for many people to have watched a video you've embedded into a Canvas course.  Over time, that ...

10-08-2020

[Studio] Better Sorting/Filtering for Canvas Studio

Recently, Instructure released Collections (similar to folders) in Canvas Studio.  (How do I create a collection in Canvas Studio?)  The default view is sorted by "Date Added" and "View All...

06-24-2020

[Studio] Canvas Studio Collections: Searching and Moving Videos to Collections

tl;dr Need to be able to move Studio videos to Collections after using the Search.   The new Studio Collections (also How do I create a collection in Canvas Studio? and&nbsp...

06-22-2020

MPTC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources

This is our school's Coronavirus (COVID-19) information page: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources and Updates - Moraine Park Technical College         Contingency Planni...

03-12-2020

Embedded Studio Videos on a Page Jump to Where They Are Placed

tl;dr It would be nice if the content did not "jump" to Studio videos if they are placed further down a content page...as this requires people to scroll back to the top of the screen.   Th...

08-15-2019