Tracey DeLillo's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

I Dare You to Ask Me About My Sub-account Project

A long, long time ago, in an office somewhere in my building (I'm guessing), a conversation probably nothing like this took place: "Okay, it's time to implement the new LMS, Canvas." "Hooray!...

01-24-2019

There’s No “Squirrel” in Team: My Year in Review

I had kind of a lot going on in 2018. But if I were to focus on the “Work Life” sub-account of 2018, and then the sub-sub-account of “Work Life - Good Stuff”, one of the highlights was the fact that ...

01-10-2019

Permissions to remove students from SIS-created courses?

Our courses and enrollments are created via Banner integration. We have a custom role (Help Desk) that once upon a time could remove students from course rosters. I'm trying to restore that permissio...

09-05-2018

Outcomes/rubrics are not accessible in older courses

I have faculty members trying to go back to their old Canvas courses to see what outcomes and rubrics they were using, and in courses that have been term-concluded (i.e. it is past the date for teach...

08-07-2018

InstructureCon Is Not One Giant Party (And Other Things to Tell Your Boss)

I recently wrote (yet another) love letter to InstructureCon and had the privilege of getting it published on Extra Credit: The Canvas Blog, but a little bird told me it might make a great addition t...

06-12-2018

How does using the Canvas skill for Alexa appear in page views?

I'm looking into a student's activity in Canvas, and I am scrutinizing the IP addresses in page views. Among them are small clusters of activity (4-5 page views) with an IP address that points to Ama...

05-16-2018

SIS Import question

I have a question about SIS Imports. When our Banner person does a manual extract and push of data to Canvas (which he does once or twice a semester, for various reasons), I've noticed the SIS Import...

05-15-2018

The "InstructureCon From Afar" Experience

To my friends, colleagues, and fellow Canvas lovers having a blast at Keystone: My view is not as pretty as yours this afternoon. I didn't get to game, gamble, hack or karaoke last night. I haven'...

07-27-2017

Explaining LTI versus LTI

I have been working with a vendor who says that their product integrates with Canvas. They have been unable to provide me with any explanation of how the integration works, except to keep insist...

07-20-2017

"Hidden" Feature Options

Looking at this week's release notes, I realized that the Scheduler option does not actually appear on our list of Account or Course Feature Options in the root level Settings, even though we ha...

03-30-2017

Quiz log mystery

I am helping a faculty member who is trying to figure out why a student's quiz answers were not saved. The student claims she completed the whole quiz, but the quiz log shows a different story. While...

11-16-2016

Using Canvas to Empower Students: If They Build It, They Will Learn

Description Q: How can I motivate and empower my students using the tools in Canvas? A: By asking or requiring them to use tools that empower them as they contribute to the course content and to th...

08-16-2016

Is there a way to add default emails on a large scale?

Due to a process that was not tested or discussed with the functional admins (but I'm not bitter), we have thousands of user accounts with incomplete information, including email addresses that are m...

05-11-2016

Is there a way to tweak the Turnitin LTI to make all assignments due at the end of the term?

Since we moved to the new Turnitin LTI in January, one of the problems we have had is as follows: Instructor adds a due date in Canvas (ex. April 30, 2016) That due date is passed to the Turnitin ...

04-25-2016

Change to course search functionality

We recently noticed a change when searching for courses. Previously, if you searched for a course using the exact course name (for example, ENGL-1302-125), you got a list of courses with that name (w...

08-17-2015

In module settings, hide the sequential order checkbox until completion requirements are set

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas   This is copied from the old community, original submitted by Tom Gibbons on March 19th, 2015: Hide the "Students must move...

06-23-2015

Module Madness

We all know that Canvas has an awesome Modules feature, but few instructors take advantage of all its capabilities (e.g., setting sequential order, using text headers, sharing Modules with fellow tea...

05-18-2015