mlattke's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Teacher Appreciation Week 2023: Course Banners

...our fellow educators, you're encouraged to do so. You're welcome to share them in a reply to this blog. Feel free to upload them directly or share a public link to Canvas Commons, a cloud-hosted f...

05-09-2023

[Student Grades] Allow "Calculate based only on Graded Assignment" Default Status to be set by Institution

By default, the "Calculate based only on graded assignments" box is checked for all students in their individual grades view.  In the K-12 arena, this creates much confusion when a stud...

04-28-2016

Earn Your Merit Badge

Tap/click map to enlarge Michelle Lattke Pasco eSchool - K12 Hike on over to learn about badging options in Canvas, setting up badges, and our badging strategy. Moving beyond a digital s...

04-13-2016

HMH Common Cartridge Secrets: Breaking Apart the Giant Content

If you have recently purchased HMH Common Cartridge text books, you may have found that they are extremely large and import into Canvas as one GIANT module that is extremely time consuming to break a...

08-14-2015

Does anyone know if there is a global CSS change that will make the Box document preview taller?

My teachers like to post PowerPoints or PDF files and get frustrated when students only see part of a file, so they end up taking a screenshot of the documents and pasting in an image instead so they...

07-28-2015

K-12 Milk and Cookies!

It was so exciting to arrive to buzzing room full of K-12 Canvas users today at the K-12 Canvas Meet & Greet!  What a great way to kick off my first InstructureCon:  learning about the ...

06-17-2015

Templates, Themes, and All That Jazz!

Amp up your online learning environment with some fun and functional razzmatazz. Learn to create a uniquely simple set of templates with custom CSS, Google fonts, and Commons. Shimmy-shake out the ...

05-20-2015

Good way to search content within a course?

Does anyone have a good way to setup a search feature within a course?  I know that the Files tab has a search feature, but I'm looking more for content pages than files.  Here is the scena...

05-20-2015

What LTI integrations are you using at your institution?

Hi fellow Canvas admins! I'd love to know what LTI/Other integrations people are using with Canvas....both from the App Center and from other vendors who have unlisted LTIs.  We spend so much...

05-06-2015

What LTI Integrations are you using in K-12?

Hi K-12 Friends! I'd love to know what LTI/Other integrations people are using with Canvas....both from the App Center and from other vendors who have unlisted LTIs.  We spend so much time go...

05-06-2015