hesspe's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Speedgrader] Sort comment library

Problem statement: When I add a new comment it appears at the end of the list so I have to scroll down and click it. Proposed solution: I'd like to be able to move a newly added comment up to t...

11-07-2023

The Return Button in New Quizzes

Sometimes in Canvas a thing will seem so obvious to me that I wonder what I must be missing. As currently programmed: "New Quizzes [will] direct to the 'Quizzes' index page when you click 'R...

03-01-2023

Data table: Student by week

I find the most useful data in New Analytics to be the page views and participations week by week, where I can click on the link for a given week to get more granular data (see screenshot below) but ...

05-05-2022

Teacher App - Assignment Description Deleted

Wondering if anyone has encountered this?  A teacher edited a Due Date to an assignment on the Teacher App.  He had a very long, formatted Assignment description that had been composed on t...

03-03-2022

Google Assignments LTI 1.3 and Collaborations

We currently have enabled the (Canvas) Google Apps LTI in our production instance.  Several of our courses use the Collaborations feature in Canvas.  We have not enabled the External Collab...

11-16-2021

Fixing a group discussion problem

@Katrina-Hess I hope I'm posting this in the right place, but if not please let me know.  I believe the concern I'm writing about has previously been submitted as a ticket, and my excellent...

06-10-2021

Clicks in text fields and load times in Safari

Has anyone else found that when using Safari to author New Quizzes, it sometimes takes 2-4 clicks in a text field for a cursor to appear? Also that Safari is slower to load new quizzes than Firefox o...

03-01-2021

Courses list sort order

Ordering of the Courses menu: In the document How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor? it says: Note: Courses are always listed alphabetically... Prompted by a frustrated...

03-28-2020

Spontaneous Unpublish?

Every now and then, one our our Canvas sites that was published becomes unpublished.  I always assume it was the result of an accidental click by someone with Teacher or Designer privileges in t...

09-04-2019

Automatic peer review assignment

The interface and documentation make it seem like you can set Peer Reviews for assignments and discussions to trigger at a specified time, and I've found they do, IF the only specified date...

08-30-2019

SpeedGrader permissions fix(?)

A recent email from support says: "Per our email last Friday, the latest information about the outstanding Gradebook fixes are as follows: SpeedGrader permissions fix—complete and awaiting verific...

07-31-2019

Lock icon on card in Android means...?

What does the lock icon signify in the dashboard Card View on Android?  (Multiple versions of Android, up to 7.0 have been tried, and all display the icon.)  And how about the N/A that appe...

02-07-2019

Creating a New Role Based on Teacher

Is it documented anywhere, or does anyone happen to know, what abilities go along with the Teacher role apart from any permissions that might be assigned or not? I created a course role based...

07-20-2018

SIS upload to switch a site status to "Completed"

I hoped to use an SIS upload to change the settings on a bunch of existing courses both adding an "Ends:" date and switching their status from "active" to "completed."  ...

03-18-2018

Another room to share at InstructureCon

I have booked a 2 BR suite at the River Run condos 7/24-28 that I would like to share (along with the cost - your share would be $685).  Let me know if you are interested at peter.hess@bc.e...

06-30-2017

Canvas Permissions suggestion

It's been noted before that feature requests that are primarily of interest to administrators often don't collect many votes.  I submitted a feature request that's now up for voting, which obvio...

09-21-2016

Where to go to post/read user generated problem reports

I  just got a report from a faculty member who has been using Canvas for a while that he "had a bunch of information for students in posts on this discussion and they have just disappeared!" ...

11-11-2015

Where to go to post/read user generated problem reports

I just got a report from a faculty member who has been using Canvas for a while that he "had a bunch of information for students in posts on this discussion and they have just disappeared!" I chec...

11-11-2015

Reporting on sub-account admins

I frequently find myself wanting to get a report that lists all sub-account admins and the sub-accounts they "admin". In the most recent case, I have an Admin role that I would like to delete.&nbs...

07-08-2015

Push notifications for Admins

Would it be useful for you as an Account Admin to be able push out urgent notifications?  What I'm imagining is an email sent ASAP to all users and a popup message that appears the first time a ...

07-06-2015