Travis Thurston's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

We see you, Dr. Rose

Dear Dr. Rose Judd-Murray,   It takes amazing educators like you to help all of us get through difficult times.    Let's face it...   Teaching is n...

04-01-2020

Samples of Student-Centered Courses providing Choice in Learning

My colleague  @ewander ​ and I have been designing and presenting on a course that we designed recently that allows students to engage in a choose your own adventure-style course that is st...

04-25-2016

Gimme S'more Learning Choices

Tap/click map to enlarge Travis N. Thurston​ & Erin Wadsworth-Anderson​ Utah State University - HigherEd Allow students to blaze their own learning path through a course. This sessio...

04-18-2016

How do you get instructors to attend faculty development offerings?

I am an Instructional Designer at Utah State University. We are looking at two different types of faculty development, and I'm looking for strategies that work in getting instructors into seats for f...

02-03-2016

What is Kennethware?

USU Design Tools Be prepared to hear the term "kennethware" used not only in conversations, but also in many presentations at InstructureCon 2015.​ If you don't already know, Kennethware is the proj...

06-16-2015

Reporting Online Course Evals

Our Instructional Designers are evaluating courses in an online program using an in-house rubric as our evaluation instrument. We are now going to report the results to the dept head. How would you c...

06-11-2015