baxl's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Display course title breadcrumbs

I have a question and I'm hoping someone could lend some advice.  We have some code to display the course title in the breadcrumbs and course term and course code above the course menu...

04-10-2018

Unrecognized Browser in Page Views

What is "Unrecognized Browser" in Page Views for a user?  It used to mean that the user was using the mobile app, but that is no longer the case and "Canvas for iOS" displays...

10-06-2017

Special characters in CSV export from gradebook

I recently had to fix a question for a teacher in an exam that was a duplicate question.  The problem is that the question type is "Matching" which doesn't trigger a regrade.  Over 200 stud...

07-12-2017

What is an API Call to get a list of users enrolled with a particular course role?

Can anyone share an API call to get a list of users enrolled with a particular course role?  I need to get a list of all users enrolled in courses with a custom created course role called Demo V...

11-05-2016

Turnitin issues

We have been testing the Turnitin LTI and have noticed several issues.  I've looked through the community and see others are experiencing the Turnitin woes. Here are a couple of issues we have ...

10-10-2016

How to find who and when a course was copied

Is there a way to find out who copied a course and the date?  There were some course copies made of Master courses and I want to be able to find out who made the copies and the date.

12-07-2015

Course role code

Does anyone have any code they can share to create a course role with the following permissions. can view content can view gradebook cannot edit grade can view quizzes questions, but cannot vie...

12-01-2015

Course role code

Does anyone have any code they can share to create a course role with the following permissions.  can view content can view gradebook cannot edit grade can view quizzes questions, but cann...

11-30-2015

Is there a way to determine when a quiz was modified and who modified it?

I have a master course and a live course and the live course quiz question types on some questions are different.  A student took the exam and wasn't able to answer some questions because the qu...

11-23-2015

Course role to remove Settings in course nav

Does anyone know of a way to create a course role so that they can view the content, gradebook, quiz, and exams, and Settings link is removed from the course nav menu. 

11-18-2015