gladysie's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Assignments] Group Assignments - Display non-grouped student comments

The issue: For a Group Assignment, if a student does not belong to a group, neither they or the instructor will see comments left for the student in SpeedGrader or Submission Details.  However...

03-26-2021

View Notification Settings As Instructor

I would like to be able to see the notification settings of my students.  Instructors rely on assumptions about students receiving information from a course electronically.  It would be hel...

11-08-2018

SIS Export Report - Am I understanding it correctly?

We export SIS information from PeopleSoft into Canvas on a nightly basis.  At some point, the SIS system was failing to update enrollments as expected.  This left us with students enrolled ...

01-30-2018

[Scheduler] - Edit Appointments / Sign ups

Our instructors would like to be able to edit appointments in the scheduler instead of having to delete and recreate them.  If a student has already signed up for an appointment and it has been ...

08-28-2015

Creating Graded Discussion Topic and setting assignment_override through the API?

Is it possible to do when using the /discussion_topic API?  If so, is the params  'assignment[assignment_override][course_section_id]':value or 'assignment_override[course_section_id]':valu...

05-28-2015

Lil Shop of Horrors: Tracking Groups with the API

An instructor needed a way to easily view group activity from several courses for a research project. With little API experience, we used Python to generate a group activity report to meet this infor...

05-28-2015