Brian Rueckert's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Hacking the Learning Mastery Gradebook

We’ve been moving to a “standards-based mindset” (props to Schimmer for a great book!) in our assessment and grading over the past couple of years and have begun collecting student performance data u...

02-24-2017

Decaying Average Outcome Question

Is the most recent assessment point used in the decaying average outcome calculation type the assignment with the most recent due date, or is it based on when the assignment was actually graded? I'm ...

08-30-2016

Paper Pumpkin - Sensors, LEDs, and Arduinos, Oh My!

We started revamping our science curriculum a couple years back as a part of a big STEM push as an institution (complete with a new building). Lovingly called STEM 1 initially, now Science 9: Chemica...

10-23-2015

Feedback on Best Practices Course Audit Form

Hello all, We're developing a "Best Practices" document that will ultimately be used both as a beginning of the term checklist for instructors, but also as a course auditing tool for myself as the I...

10-19-2015

Bulk Outcome creation using the API

Hello all, I'm attempting to write a script for the bulk creation of Outcomes in our instance of Canvas. I'm running into a problem and I'm curious if any of you all have a solution. First, I'm usin...

10-15-2015

5 More Things in the Nick of Time

Now that the opening act of the 2015-2016 school year is past and parent-teacher-(student) conferences are among us, I thought I’d share some thoughts stemming from August and September. I, like many...

09-29-2015

Allow admins to control when grades lock in concluded grading periods

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas     Idea will be open for vote Wed. August 5, 2015 - Wed. November 4, 2015  Learn more about voting... We ...

08-03-2015

Term Gradebook Feature Broken?

I didn't get a comment on the actual Production Release page, but I was curious if anyone else saw this: Grades and Concluded Grading Periods When the multiple grading periods feature is enabled,...

08-03-2015

Tips for structuring courses with a large number of assignments

Hello all, There are some teachers at our school who have created courses with a very large number of assignments with separate groups for in-class work, homework, labs, projects, and summative asse...

05-26-2015