Tyler Clair's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

CD2: Modifying timestamp.py to account for invalid dates

In a response by @ColinMurtaugh in another thread he had mentioned he modified the timestamp.py file of the dap client library to handle ValueErrors thrown by invalid dates. This was an ama...

05-17-2023

ERROR - Invalid isoformat string when running initdb on courses

We are having troubles importing the courses table using the initdb command in the dap cli. We get the following error: ERROR - Invalid isoformat string: '+20113-03-08T00:00:00.000' The Job ID is...

05-04-2023

CD2: Enable logging in Python script

With the CLI DAP client you can add the optional argument to increase the loglevel. Is there a way to propagate the logging into my own python scripts?

04-21-2023

Custom Browser Search Engines for Canvas

This guide will help you setup searching shortcuts in Chrome and Firefox for finding Canvas users and courses or going directly to them using the canvas ID. Both browsers allow you to use a keyword e...

02-05-2019

Generating user registration and password reset URLs

Does anyone know of a way to generate a user registration URL or a password reset URL through the API? For the registration URLs, we are trying to find a way to create a user and allow them to set th...

09-27-2018

PayPal Payment Gateway Experiences

Hey everybody, I am reaching out to those in the Catalog community that use PayPal as their primary gateway to get their experience with PayPal as a payment gateway. We are in the proces...

02-15-2018

High number of random log outs on CAS

Hi all, Recently we have been getting a higher than normal amount of users getting logged out (getting kicked out of Canvas unexpectedly even when active), of Canvas at random intervals if they lo...

08-29-2017

Using FFT Canvas to track scout rank advancement

I have been a 11 year-old scout leader for almost 2 years now and have been looking for an easier way to track what my scouts have accomplished along their pathway to rank advancement. I have looked ...

11-02-2016

Sections to Groups Script

From a related post I was tagged in, the question was asked how to automatically create groups based off of sections in a course, Automatic Group creation for students in same section​. I took some t...

10-26-2016

Create a Python Config File for API Scripts

...mportant when you use a version control system, such as GitHub to share or archive your scripts. Unless you pay for a Github subscription to have private repositories, your code is publicly visible. There a...

10-18-2016

Firewall or spam issues with email notifications?

I was wondering if anyone has had any confirmed issues with notifications being blocked by a firewall or spam filter on the user's side? I have a case where a user is not getting any email notificati...

09-22-2016

LMB XML import erorr

I have been running manual XML based batches from the Banner LMB integration for the past few years and I have been getting similar errors to this: import file: courses.csv, error message: unknown ...

09-06-2016

Kaltura Playlists or Multiple Galleries in Canvas

For all you that have the Kaltura LTI tool, do you know if it is possible to turn on playlist creation in My Media or Media Gallery? I have been trying a bunch of different combinations of settings i...

08-23-2016

Course Archive Process

TL;DR version: We need to have a way to archive courses (in batch and individually), so that its hidden from everything.   Long version: At USU we are about to start our 15th semester on Can...

01-07-2016

Storing Custom Data

So for the past few years I have seen the custom data API that is attached to a user's account: https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/users.html#method.custom_data.set_data. This seems like it could...

09-17-2015

Implementing Captioning with Kaltura and Canvas

Learn how USU implemented media management strategies to facilitate the captioning and distribution of course content using Kaltura and Canvas. We will share our experiences and pain points as we hav...

05-19-2015

Handling Pagination

Since there are so many of us who use the APIs with a variety of languages and or libraries I am curious how everyone handles pagination with large GET requests? It seems that this has been a hurdle ...

04-27-2015