Neal Shebeck's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[SIS] Differentiated Assignments Being a Part of Grade Passback

TLDR;  When using grade passback between Canvas and an SIS, differentiated assignments don't passback at all. This is not in the best interest of teachers and students and needs to work. Ful...

10-26-2021

[Admin Tools] Give admin access on status of the setting, Let students organize their own groups

When this was added as an option it was defaulted to checked for all courses and new courses without an option in admin settings. Students can make groups without the teacher knowing, as the teacher ...

03-17-2021

Details versus Preview for first look in Commons

Hey all! So, my idea was that it makes more sense to get the run down on what something is (Details) before being hurtled into the Preview and seeing all the granular stuff. What is this resource? Wh...

01-28-2019

Vetting developer key access for third party applications

We were wondering if anyone has developed a vetting and renewal process for giving third party applications developer keys for their Canvas instance? I already messaged  @joseph_allen ‌ but...

09-19-2018

CCSD - Sharing the Love

I never know when I should be doing a blog post, document, discussion, etc. but this just felt like a blog ( I think ). While the Clark County School District is pretty massive (over 44,000 employees...

04-11-2018

Want to move to Las Vegas?

Hello, we're looking for a web programmer/developer for Clark County School District. If you (or you know of someone) that would be interested in such a job in Las Vegas, give them a nudge to check i...

03-12-2018

Can the dates of posts/replies be visible in Discussions?

Is there some setting I'm missing? Looking through the threaded discussion posts/replies none of them have a date next to them. Just the initial discussion assignment, when it was posted. If you, as ...

11-07-2017

[Blueprint Courses] Automatically Remove Blueprint Associations

When a course is deleted (or when someone resets a course which deletes/replaces it) the Blueprint associations stay with the deleted course. In order to free them up you have to figure out the cours...

09-15-2017

Game Night - 2017

Hello people of the InstructureCon clandestine game night cell! It's time to activate and receive your important instructions. Do you go for the longest road or largest army? Do you push your luck co...

07-20-2017

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly: An Integration Tale

This is the story of what happens when you try to roll out Canvas to more than 300,000 students. We'll address the questions you need to consider and the options available for integrating on a large ...

05-18-2015