Matt McLean's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Reset All Student Passwords

Hi -  I saw one thread on this in regards to resetting every student's password via SIS import but this has not worked for me.  Is there a way to bulk reset every students' password? ...

08-21-2017

Javascript to Advance to Next Module Item

Hi -  What might be the javascript/API call to have a button in an embed advance to the next module.  I plan on hiding Canvas Next Previous buttons and have the external page button adv...

08-01-2017

Submitting an Assignment via API

Hi - I'm getting a 422 Unprocessable Entity error when I try to test this API call (I'm using Advanced REST Client) : https://class.yciw.net/api/v1/courses/114/assignments/3784/submissions?as...

04-08-2017

API PUT request help

Hi - I need to make an HTTP (XHR) PUT request that targets a particular module on my self hosted canvas install and mark it done.  I see this in the API:  PUT /api/v1/courses/:course...

03-18-2017

Hide Menu Items for Teachers

Hi - What would the javascript be to hide certain menu items from displaying?  I particularly want to hide Assignments from the course navigation for Teachers. Thank you! Matt

10-16-2016

iFrame Content No Longer Responsive on iOS

Hi- I have some custom CSS that was helping to make my iframe content responsive. For some reason it is no longer working on iOS. Did some naming parameter change with for iframes on iOS? ...

08-17-2016

Javascript/CSS to target the background of the Course badge?

Hi- I'd like to add a background-image to the course badge in the dashboard. Does anyone know how I might do that? Would it be a javascript/css combo? I tried finding just the css target but could o...

08-09-2016

How to Display Content on Course Pages for Teacher Role?

Hi- We want to include content (likely just links) directly within certain course pages that will only display for the teacher role. These links will go to teacher resources for the course as a wa...

08-04-2016