Dave Woods's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Instructor Assignment Dashboard - See all assignment details in one place

Purpose This tool was created to allow an instructor to see all of the details for all of the assignments in a course in one place.  I had several possible uses in mind when I created this too...

10-28-2023

[Speedgrader] Add date when students view feedback for an assignment to the Canvas API

In the Canvas SpeedGrader you can see whether or not a student has viewed the feedback added to files submitted with an assignment.  The Canvas API provides data about whether or not feedback ha...

01-20-2022

Using API to see when students view feedback

I am looking at how students use the feedback I provide on written assignments. One question is when and if they view the document they have submitted after I have provided feedback. This informa...

01-14-2022

Student access to quiz answers

Am I right to think that the only way for students to see details for a completed quiz - their answers, the correct answers, feedback on a specific question - is for them to access the quiz through t...

09-03-2020

Is there a good way to hide groups or mark them in-active?

I use groups in many different ways in my classes and have recently been getting some comments from students about the large number of groups they have to manage across all of their courses. In lo...

03-10-2018

More contrast in colors used in the gradebook.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas   Idea open for vote Wed. February 3, 2016 - Wed. May 4, 2016  Learn more about voting... The current Canvas Gradeboo...

01-19-2016

[Peer Review} Have two due dates for peer review assignments

For assignments that are setup for peer review, it would be useful to have two different due dates: One for the students initial submission that will be reviewed by their peers A second one for...

04-22-2015

Allow upload of multiple files for quiz file upload question

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas For the file upload question type on quizzes, allow multiple files to be uploaded.   I use this question type to have students uplo...

04-17-2015