Ruby P Nugent's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Will there be a data model diagram provided for Canvas Data?

Didn't see anything similar to an e/r diagram - or anything that depicts the relationships between the tables in the documentation portal.  Did I miss it? 

12-02-2015

Warning to all: Spelling error in requests table (web_applicaiton_action)

web_applicaiton_action isn't spelled correctly.  hopefully this will save some of you some time banging your head against a wall trying to figure out why your sql isn't working...!

12-02-2015

Is there a "data as of" date in Canvas Data?

Hi, I'm looking for a "data extract date" or "data as of date" so that we know when the data was pulled into Redshift.  I didn't see a status date or table anywhere in the documentation, but may...

11-24-2015

Unable to join quiz_submission_fact to quiz_submission_dim?

Please let us know if we are joining incorrectly, or is this a bug? I expect these to be able to join to one other.  E.g. if I want to get a list of all quiz submissions that have been done, ...

10-07-2015

Discrepancy between Canvas Data "graded_at" and Submissions API "graded at" values?

Hi, I was comparing submissions data and noticed a difference between the "graded_at" dates that were returned via Canvas Data in Redshift and the Submissions API.  I suspect it is timezone-re...

06-18-2015

Question on enrollment_term_id

Is there always a 1:1 relationship between a course and enrollment term (I believe a course can only exist in one term at a time, but wanted to confirm)?  Also, we see enrollment_term_id in the ...

06-03-2015

Provide student analytics at course level, not just assignment.

It would be good to have analytics for the student at the course-level, not just the assignment.  E.g. Student A is in the 95%ile for the class, Student B is in 25%ile, etc.  Would enable u...

05-28-2015

How to tell if a course is published?

Are all courses included in the hosted data or just published?  Would like to see the published courses - currently we use /api/v1/accounts/:account_id/course where published=true.  Don't s...

05-19-2015