Ryan Corris's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Credentials/Badges] Award Badge for Submission Only - No Grade Required

Problem statement: When initially exploring Canvas Credentials, while setting the trigger for specific assignments to be "Complete item", my thought was that this would be comparable to the Badgr tr...

09-07-2023

Remove audio icon when inserting audio files using the Rich Content Editor

Currently, while adding audio files to content using the Rich Content Editor (uploading or recording in RCE), the resulting image on the page takes up quite a bit of unnecessary space. Audio imag...

11-19-2021

Alphabetize Studio Insights

It would be very helpful in saving time if Arc insights could be alphabetized.  This would make it easier when entering grades.

05-22-2020

[New Quizzes] Enable Uploading Google Doc Files for the Upload File Quiz Question

In old quizzes and new_quizzes it appears that Google Doc Files cannot be uploaded for the file upload question in a quiz.  This has also been confirmed in Why can't I select...

04-27-2020

[Studio] Studio Quiz Answer Options Can Be Overlooked

As I am exploring quizzes in studio , I am experiencing an issue that may cause students to overlook certain options for answers to the quiz. (How do I create a Canvas Studio video quiz in a course?‌...

04-23-2020

Module Requirements - Canvas is More than a "To Do" List

I have spoken with several educators at conferences that have asked if there is any way to hide the To_Do list from students.  The idea stems from students jumping right into their To Do li...

04-23-2020

Personalized Learning with Canvas Series: #2 - Flipped Learning

Flipped learning has been around for a while, but people still interpret its meaning differently based on personal experiences.  Initially Flipped Learning was to be done outside of the classroo...

04-15-2020

[Chat] Disable Chat by Default

When canvas chat is turned on, it was explained to me that by default it is enabled for all courses in the account.  Below, I have explained reasons why Canvas Chat should be initially&nbsp...

04-02-2020

Personalized Learning with Canvas Series: #1 - Project Based Learning

...reate a peer review assignment?‌ Public Product The scope of the project will ultimately lead to how learning, findings, artifacts, and overall projects will be shared.  While teachers may w...

02-17-2020

Personalizing Learning in Canvas (1).pdf

This PDF was used as a handout and Google Slide deck presentation during recent professional growth sessions with our teachers.  It is an overview on how different features in Canvas can be used...

02-16-2020

What is not to love about this angel sent from up above?

Dear Canvas,   You are truly a gift and mean so much to me! Keep on reading and the reasons for this you will see.   Let's start this story from th...

02-14-2020

Escape the Room: Canvas Carnival

This will be a true escape the room experience housed within a Canvas course.  What happens if you don't escape in time?  No big deal!  You will have access to the course after the ses...

06-12-2018

Autoplay a Song

I had a Jr. High teacher ask me a great question today!  She wanted to know if it was possible to have Canvas play a celebratory song after students completed a module.  This teacher wanted...

11-02-2017

Office 365 Cloud Assignment Submission Details

It would be nice to have more consistant way for students to view submission details in Office 365 Cloud Assignments.  Normally on assignments, students are able to view teacher feedback by open...

07-11-2017

Canvas Mobile App, Videos and ASL

Disclaimer:  This entry may vary a little from a "mobile" post.  However, if it was not for the Canvas mobile app, this experience would probably not have happened.   For ap...

04-19-2017