Jaap Stelpstra's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Automatically show new replies without page refresh

Currently, users of a discussion have to refresh the discussion page manually to be able to see new replies to the discussion. More than ever there is a need for online synchronous discussions, simil...

07-22-2021

[Gradebook] Separate permission for posting grades apart from editing grades

Currently the permission for editing grades gives graders the right to also post grades. This means that different tutors (per section or group) can post grades earlier than others. It should be poss...

06-29-2020

Why does the Assignments API not return any Turnitin data and what can be done to fix it?

In our institution we use the Turnitin LTI and I am trying to get the turnitin_enabled and turnitin_settings from assignments configured to use Turnitin. On Assignments - Canvas LMS REST API Documen...

10-18-2019

How to read and change Course Post Policy of the New Gradebook with GraphQL

Hi, Recently the Grade Posting Policy has been added to the New Gradebook: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16958-canvas-release-notes-2019-07-13#jive_content_id_Grade_Post_Policies ...

08-06-2019

Automated report of assignments in courses

Attached Excel workbook is able to download data from Canvas (exclusively using Get API calls) to create an overview of all assignments in all courses you specify using Course SIS IDs. The wor...

04-18-2019

Create course groups from sections using Excel

Attached Excel workbook is able to download details of the course sections and create a new groupset with groups of your choice. Details of the course sections will be displayed in the columns...

03-15-2019

New Grading Scheme Type Supporting Numeric Grading Standards Worldwide

This idea involves creating a new grading scheme type, the Min-Max numeric grading scheme, to support numeric grading schemes worldwide without any rounding errors. Also the GPA scale can be facilita...

01-24-2019

Notification preferences - GUI versus API

As we want to change a specific notification setting of all our 400+ admins (with only read rights) in our sub-account, I have been trying to make sense how the notification preferences in the interf...

01-16-2019

How do I enable auto-open for inline preview for external files?

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how it would be possible to enable auto-open for inline preview as described in this guide, but then for external files: How do I set the auto-open for inline preview...

08-06-2018

Update from Canvas: Media Processing Maintenance

I have been receiving Canvas update emails with the following content. Title: Update from Canvas: Media Processing Maintenance ... Message: Hi Admins — Our maintenance window specified 15-20 m...

07-31-2018

Quizzes.Next Auto-Grading does not finish

Description of the Bug: After submitting a quiz (in student view or as real student) the wheel next to Auto-Grading keeps going and wont stop or finish Steps to Reproduce: Open (latest...

05-18-2018

Automated report of group sets, groups and members in a course

Attached Excel workbook is able to download data from Canvas (exclusively using Get API calls) to create an overview of all group sets, its groups and its members in a course. Group sets and g...

07-23-2017

[Reports] Add email bounce count to the Communication Channel API

Situation Frequently email addresses used in Canvas bounce emails while admin are completely unaware this is happening. Possible causes: people start using other email addresses and close the...

04-05-2017

Download an admin report of all bouncing email addresses

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Admins who are allowed to view notifications can access the Bounced Emails tab in Admin Tools. The Bounced Emails tab displays bounced e...

04-05-2017

[Peer Review] Add due date for completing peer review

Situation The due date of the assignment reminds students to complete the assignment in time. When peer reviews are enabled students don't have an indication or reminder to complete the peer review...

03-02-2017

[Peer Review] Respecting sections when automatically assigning peer reviews

Situation Canvas does not respect the sections when assigning peer reviews when automatically assigning peers in an assignment is set. This means a student from section A might be assigned as peer ...

03-01-2017

Download data to Excel using VBA and the API (workbook with code attached)

Introduction There are several ways to get data from Canvas in the form of downloading csv files. In most cases you want to apply some analysis of that data, which may require importing it into exc...

05-16-2016

Automated progress report of students in modules

Attached Excel workbook is able to download data from Canvas (using Get API calls) to create a progress report of all students in a course with modules to which requirements are added (see How do I a...

11-23-2015

Looking for use cases of Liferay integrations for Canvas

Please share if you know if there are universities out there who have developed solutions in Liferay to integrate in Canvas (using API and/or LTI). A brief description of the purpose of the solution...

09-15-2015

How can I setup a LimeSurvey questionnaire as an external assignment?

We use LimeSurvey and created questionnaire to have our students evaluate our courses anonymously. Would it be possible to create an assignment in the course which will open the survey and register ...

09-07-2015