Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevec's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Kudos

Is anyone else having trouble with students self-selecting groups?

I set up a group set with 20 groups. "Self-select" is checked. I can see them in my view--both in the group discussion board and in the "groups" tab in "people." However, once I hit "student view" in...

10-18-2021

Panopto analytics for entire class, instead of individually?

I'm having trouble verifying the viewing of Panopto videos by my students. I have been fielding questions about assignments from students who simply haven't watched the lectures or the recorded synch...

01-23-2021

Why aren't the closing dates for my assignments moving when I shift the due dates in Calendar?

I've been moving assignments around for Winter Term, and some of them just stubbornly refused to move to the date I wanted--but only if I was moving them to a later date. It turns out I had specified...

12-31-2020

Clicked "Always use new quiz format" & regret it. Can I un-check the box?

The description looked great, but when I tried to use the new quiz format, all I got was a list of external tools that have nothing to do with quizzes. I want the "Old Coke" back!!  

10-30-2020

Can anyone explain why it's better to have three huge scroll bars that cancel each other out, instead of the one we had originally?

Is this another case of someone solving a problem that no one had? When I review student essays, instead of having one small square reference point that I can use to scroll though the document, there...

06-04-2018

Hiding Links/Files/Images?

I'm trying to type in assignment descriptions and the "Links/Files/Images" interface protrudes onto the right 1/3 of the text box, making it impossible to see what I'm typing when I'm in that part of...

01-02-2018

Can I create some sort of comment macro for assignments?

I have a number of complex assignments that students complete with very predictable errors. I'd like to have macros that I can use to alert them to these errors. I've tried using rubrics with comment...

04-09-2017

How reliable are the statistics on Panopto recordings?

I run a hybrid class in which half the class attends discussions, which are recorded on Panopto and are required viewing for students who do not attend discussions. Yesterday was the first time that ...

02-27-2017

Regrading multiple choice quizzes. Change to multiple correct answers?

I go back over my quizzes and frequently find that I'll have an answer that sounded wrong to me, but right to more than half the class. In cases like that, I'd like to re-grade and make both my inten...

01-14-2017

Convert generic assignment to graded discussion

If I pull up the "Assignment" tab, I can see 17 discussion boards. Half of them have a page with an "A" on it as their icon and the other half have a "talk bubble." When I call up "Discussions," only...

03-28-2016

Copying course calendar to new term without having things all bunched together?

I've been using the "copy course calendar" feature for a few years now, but every time I do, the dates get horribly screwed up. For example, copying a Fall course to Winter Term, I end up with nothin...

12-29-2015

Is there a better way to comment on test/quiz responses?

I get very frustrated when grading exams because there doesn't seem to be a simple way to comment on answers. If I use the "additional comments" box, I have to update scores every time, or they go aw...

06-14-2015

Question Duplication in Question Bank

(Original subject line: I just tried "question bank" and on one question, 4 out of 5 were the same question. Did I do something wrong?) I set up a final exam with three question banks of three que...

06-11-2015