joseph_allen's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Training Resources for Quizzes.next?

Are there there training resources available for teachers to learn how to use Quizzes.next?   I have found some documentation in the guides, but none of it is labeled, "How to build a quiz ...

08-08-2018

Mobile Apps - Student and Parent not showing grades correctly?

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?   We have filed tickets and spoken with our CSM, but not yet resolved.   Since the student and parent app releases in late January,...

02-16-2018

Grades Incorrect in Canvas Mobile?

We are seeing incorrect grades in Canvas mobile on both the parent app and the student app.   I am posting this here because it would only effect K12 as we are the prime users of grading pe...

12-06-2017

Canvas please add more computing horsepower this time of year

So if you are like me, this is the crazy busy time of the year getting our district and Canvas ready to open the school year.  We're loading thousands of courses, hundreds of thousands of studen...

08-28-2017

Have you conducted a parent survey? If so, would you share your survey questions?

Hi K-12 Community.  We are approaching the end of our 2nd year of Canvas use.  I think it is high time to survey our 100,000+ parents to see what they think of Canvas and our implementation...

03-29-2017

Is anyone using Sandboxes?

Is anyone using "Sandboxes" with their teachers?  If so, I'm interested in knowing how you create and manage them?  Do you populate them with templates or sample content?  Can teachers...

03-08-2017

Will the presentations from all breakout sessions be made available to attendees for download?

There are so many great sessions, but obviously you can only be in one place at a time.  Will the presentations from all of the breakout sessions be made available to all attendees?

07-13-2016

Is there a way to centrally insert content into every Canvas page in our district?

Is there a way to centrally insert content, like a new standard disclaimer or a piece of content that we want every teacher to have displayed on their Canvas pages?  The key here is, we want to ...

06-08-2016

How can we use Commons for template distribution?

We would like to use Commons to distribute teacher home page templates.  We know how to put the page in Commons and have teachers download, but if we make a change to the template and they downl...

06-08-2016

From Zero to 55,000 students - Deploying Canvas to create one learning eco system in K12

Tap/click map to enlarge Joe Allen Howard County Public Schools - K12 Explore how HCPSS created one learning ecosystem from several smaller systems and deployed Canvas to 55,000 s...

04-22-2016

Has anyone archived Canvas after a school year?

So as the 2015 / 16 heads for a close in June, it is occurring to me that we may need a snap shot or archive of all the assignments / grades in our Canvas instance.   I know that teachers s...

04-12-2016

Grading Periods - Year 2 - What happens?

This past school year, we implemented grading periods.  It has been very helpful in enabling teachers to grade and students and parents to view grades in a traditional quarterly format for our K...

03-31-2016

Grading Periods - Year 2 - What happens?

This past school year, we implemented grading periods.  It has been very helpful in enabling teachers to grade and students and parents to view grades in a traditional quarterly format for our K...

03-31-2016

What is the difference between Support Training and Tier 1 Support Training?

What is the difference between Support Training and Tier 1 Support Training?  These are both in the Canvas training for this week and have exactly the same description.

02-23-2016

Graphic Size for New UI

What is the ideal graphic size for a custom logo at the top of the new UI global nav bar?  Everything I insert / upload seems to get enlarged and does not match the size of the other graphics in...

01-29-2016

How will grading periods be used in Canvas Data?

How will grading periods be used in Canvas Data?  For example, Current and Final grades which are available in Canvas Data, are likely aggregate grades over the duration of the term.  If th...

12-07-2015

Why do grading periods have to lock?

So my institution - 55k students, 8k teachers, and 136k parents have just started using Grading Periods.  So far so good until we just moved from one grading period to another.  We learned ...

11-03-2015

How do you use Canvas to get quarter grades?

We are a K-12 institution that operates on a standard 4 quarter school year.   This is our first year using Canvas.  We're having some difficulty figuring out how to get quarter grades...

10-06-2015