chrisrockwell's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Get the most recent version of a quiz question

We have an LTI tool that delivers quiz questions on a specified schedule.  What we have found is the following: Create a quiz submission for a user Deliver 1 question (Question 1) Teache...

03-31-2022

Can I use Canvas grading engine to know if a submitted answer is correct before the quiz is turned i

I have an LTI Tool that delivers questions to users via a custom UI.  I need to be able to tell, in real-time, if the answers are correct - the flow is something like this: - User answers ques...

11-02-2021

Data Services for user accounts being merged

Our LTI Tool needs to be able to react to user accounts being merged but I'm not seeing that there is a Data Services event for this.  There is a user_updated (https://vumc-camhl.instructure.com...

09-22-2021

Is there a way to launch an LTI Tool within the Users account profile?

We would like to add an LTI Placement link to the right side of a users profile.  For example, if you go to canvasdomain.com/accounts/1/users/33 you'll see something like the below screenshot.&n...

06-25-2021

Confirming different authentication flows for different LTI tool needs

I'm hoping to just get some confirmation that what I see is accurate. If we have an LTI Tool that we want a user to be able to add via EduAppCenter or by URL (using consumer token and shared secret...

03-09-2021

Verifying oauth_signature in LTI Launch

I am struggling to properly verify an oauth signature.  What I have done so far... Added an LTI app via Paste XML and provided a consumer key and shared secret Tried to verify the oauth_si...

03-09-2021

Need clarity on OAuth authentication when managing courses

We have an LTI tool that is currently added to courses individually using the client id.  If, for example, the course admin then clicks on "Our Tool" in the Course Navigation we show them a list...

02-08-2021

Getting the Quiz ID when using Quiz Menu Placement for LTI Tool

When using the Quiz Menu placement in an LTI tool it doesn't seem like we can get the Quiz ID for the quiz in question.  We can get the course ID via variable substitution but it seems the only ...

01-07-2021

Using Azure AD for LTI 1.3 Oauth2 authentication

Hi all, new to LTI and Canvas.  I'm looking at building an LTI 1.3 app and am wondering if I can use Azure Active Directory for authentication/authorization.  I currently have a tenant con...

08-26-2020

Can I create a quiz submission on behalf of a user without the users bearer token?

As I understand it, we start a quiz-taking session by POST to submissions: https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/quiz_submissions.html#method.quizzes/quiz_submissions_api.create. Is there a wa...

08-24-2020

Prevent users from seeing quiz in Canvas UI

We are developing an LTI that will handle the display of quiz questions.  Is it possible to create a quiz in Canvas, enroll users in the quiz, but prohibit users from going to the default Canvas...

08-24-2020