Gideon Williams's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Gamification Feature in Canvas New Quizzes - Escape Room Feature

There are many articles in the Community that demonstrate how to create a digital Escape Room or Treasure Hunt or Scavenger Trail using a Canvas Module and the Requirements feature.  When I cr...

a week ago

Getting Started with Canvas Credentials - Some Thoughts and a bit on Badge Design

So we are beginning our journey into the world of micro-credentials and learning pathways with Canvas credentials. Something I have been waiting pretty much all my digital learning professional life ...

02-15-2024

Microsoft OneDrive Integration - surely not?

We have just added the Microsoft OneDrive integration (twice, as we could not believe what was happening). It now appears that the link to the file or embedded document is NOT dynamic. Any changes ...

12-13-2023

A bit of Modding of the Module - Playing about with the CSS

Out school has a preferred stylesheet for colours, fonts and sizes. I have tried to stick with this throughout but also made use of primary and secondary colour schemes.  Outer Navigation Menu...

11-27-2023

Pop out Course Links window strange behaviour!

Hoping someone can help. Having problems with any of the pop-out windows eg Insert > Link > Course Link Insert > Document > Course Document The pop-out windows comes out then goes s...

11-21-2023

Build on Last Attempt and Item Bank

For revision purposes, I often create a 10 question quiz using questions from the item bank, pick the Choose x questions at random feature and then allow students multiple attempts. One of my ...

10-01-2023

Embedding Web 2.0 tools - a few years on....!

An update to the post I made a few years ago (almost 5 - yikes!) In the increasingly commercial world of EdTech, few tools survive that are genuinely free to use, which makes many on this list, all...

09-30-2023

An 'alternative' to H5P - CurrikiStudio

I am a long-time fan of any digital tool that interacts with and engage the learner and integrate with the learning platform. This is why I was such a big supporter and regular user of H5P. Somewhere...

09-15-2023

Student Portfolios and Portfolium

Hi everyone Looking to connect with anyone using Student Portfolios/Portfolium either in K12 sphere or beyond. Particularly interested in Admin management, integration with Canvas assignments, St...

08-22-2023

Synchronisation with iSAMS and Google Workspace

I was sent this on Twitter last week. Mainly of interest to UK and International schools using Canvas that also have iSAMS LMS. GSync | Simplifying Google Workspace data for Schools  

06-06-2023

Migrating LaTex formula from Classic Quiz to New Quizzes

When migrating a classic quiz with LaTex formulas to New Quizzes, the LaTex formulas are converted into images and are no longer editable. When writing a LaTex syntax in the formula editor in Class...

05-25-2021

SIS integration with iSAMS

iSAMS is a popular MIS used in the UK and in many (British) International schools. Has anyone any experience working with iSAMS or even better, set up a working integration. Worryingly, Canvas is n...

05-09-2021

Annotation problems with DocViewer and iPad

Reported by colleagues: When using pen tool in Doc Viewer to annotate submitted assignments, on Canvas via iPad we’ve found the document moves around only when you go to write on it! Is there a way...

09-23-2020

New Start - Google and Canvas?

Hi everyone Have moved from a Microsoft based school and Canvas to Google Classroom but no (currently) LMS/VLE. Am really interested to talk with/hear about peoples experiences of GSuite, Google Cl...

08-16-2020

More External Tools Dropdown Not Loading Features in Pages

Have had a problem over the last week with the More External Tools Dropdown feature in pages. Contacted Support who said that no-one else mentioning it and to check firewall etc. Checked firewall ...

06-15-2020

ChatBot

So I thought I would try to make a ChatBot for Canvas to add to our staff EdTech Help canvas course. I had come across a number of posts and ideas mentioning this a way back - this one in particul...

05-08-2020

Actions Taken

Can someone explain to me what Actions taken comprises of in the Admin Analytics section when you change to table view as Admin eg Thanks

03-17-2020

Interactive Fiction with Twine and Canvas at K12

Twine is great for writing text based adventures. There is no downloading required and the files stay on your browser. You just need to make sure you don't delete your History (although you can archi...

11-27-2019

Direct Access to Item Banks - is there?

It is quite possible I continue to miss this but is there any way I can access my Item banks for New Quizzes rather than have to make up a quiz each time? There are many occasions when I and my co...

11-17-2019

Canvas not making the Grade (visible)...

Having just delivered some PowerPoint training to students about making their presentations more effective, I thought I'd take some of my own medicine and start with a * bang * - hence the title of t...

10-17-2019