lhenson's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Course Accessible to Users out of District

We are wanting to create a course which contains documents/information for users throughout our County (which would be outside our district). I don't want to create a public course because the i...

03-01-2024

Batch Delete Users not Imported via SIS

We had hackers create accounts in our Canvas environment via public courses so they weren't added via our SIS import.  There are hundreds of them.  Is there any way to do an upload and c...

11-04-2021

Teacher as Observer Across entire Campus

Our HS SpEd Teachers want to be able to have observer access to all of the courses on that campus, but not be tied to any students.  They just want to be able to view assignments and help with m...

10-19-2021

Copy Assignment to Another Course

All of the sudden when our teachers go to copy an assignment to another course and drop down their course list, it is showing every course they have EVER taught instead of the current year's courses....

01-26-2021

Time Spent/Number of Attempts Report

Is there a report which can be created showing the amount of time spent on a specific assignment/quiz which includes the number of attempts?  I know all of this is viewable in Canvas, but what r...

11-19-2020

Google LTI won't authorize

I have a student whose Google Apps LTI will not authorize.  Keeps throwing an error that says Authentication Failed.  She is signed into a Chromebook, so I am not sure why the LTI won't aut...

09-08-2020

Canvas has given grade even though no submission

I have a teacher who has several students who have not even signed in much less submitted any work, but they have grades in the gradebook.  The assignments were mainly quizzes that grade automat...

09-06-2020

Create a Collaboration Assignment with Template

I am getting ready to do a PD training with teachers over collaborations.  I know how to create them, but had a question.  Is there a way to create the collaboration and include a Goog...

04-13-2020

Reset Quiz

I have a teacher who would like to completely reset a quiz and give it again to her class. They didn't do well on it and she would like to give the quiz again, but keep the original grades.&nbsp...

03-11-2020

Multiple Available Dates/Times for one Assignment

We have a Canvas Course for our campus that use for many purposes such as having the students vote for Homecoming Queen, Class Officers, etc.  To accomplish this, we have been creating assi...

01-27-2020

Annotate a pdf

I have a teacher who is wanting to create a assignment where she gives the students a pdf to annotate.  I know that we could have the students download the file, then use Preview (using MacBooks...

09-12-2018

Collaboration Page disabled

I am trying to create a collaboration and logged in as a student, it says that the page is disabled.  I was able to create the collaboration as a Presentation.  Everything looks fine, but w...

08-07-2018

Google Drive icon missing in RCE

We have Google Apps turned on for our whole institution and can see Google Drive in the Navigation menu of all our courses, but the Google Drive icon is missing from the Rich Content Editor on everyt...

06-07-2018

Customize Course Menu

Is there a way to add something to the course menu?  The teachers would like a link to their online curriculum (Pearson Realize) in the menu on their courses. There isn't an app available so I c...

11-30-2017

Cross-list courses

I have a teacher who wants to cross-list her sections, but she already has content in them. If I unpublish the courses which are moving into the main course, will that retain the content when they ar...

08-31-2017

Remove large number of people from course quickly

We have three campus wide courses (all students are part of the courses) which we manually created, so they don't go through the SIS sync. I need to remove all of the students currently in there and ...

08-16-2017

Teachers as Observer of specific students

Our special education teachers are needing to 'observe' specific students in Canvas and view their assignments/quizzes.  I created a new Advisory role for teachers, but this gives them rights to...

02-08-2017

Campus Course Activity

As an admin, I need to run a report which shows the activity of the courses per campus.  I know that there is the Canvas Data Portal, but oh my - super confusing.  Is there a fairly easy wa...

01-25-2017

Disable Students Creating Discussions

Is there a way to disable the option for students to be able to create discussions.  We want them to respond to the discussions and reply to each others, but we would rather not have them have t...

11-16-2016

Course Analytics

I am running Course Analytics for our Campuses and had a question about how the system counts Participation.  Is it the total number times a student interacts with the course?  Some of the ...

10-06-2016