kmatson's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

How do you create question variants in Canvas quiz question?

Does anyone know how to create question variants in a Canvas quiz question? We need variants of the Ka [conjugate acid] and [conjugate base]? Thank you, Karen Matson

06-30-2020

Moderating Exams given during a class period

With all the remote instruction that we have all gone to, quickly in some cases, I wonder how other's are making sure students that need additional time are getting that. When the exam is open for...

06-10-2020

Why do I loose New Quizzes after I turn it on?

I have turned on New Quizzes in Feature Options in our Test instance for four course sites. Right after I turned it on I went to Quizzes and click + Quiz it asks me if I want to use New Quizzes I che...

06-10-2020

How do I add a document to a quiz question New Quizzes?

I can add images, audio and video files to a quiz question but not a document or PDF? Thank you, Karen Matson

06-03-2020

Where did the DocViewer annotation tools go?

Where did the annotation tools go? These are docx files so it is not the file type. It does have an anonymous peer review but I didn't think that took away the DocViewer tools? Thank you, K...

05-27-2020

How do we import questions into new quiz item banks?

Can we not import questions into the new quiz items banks from Respondus or other third party tools? Thank you, Karen Matson

05-18-2020

Can you apply one grade scheme to one section and a different grade scheme to another section within one course?

I want to enable two different grading schemes in one Canvas course based on section. So students in section 12345 will have grade scheme A applied to their final grade and students in section 56789 ...

05-14-2020

How do we find a rubric when I have 100 BIO 101 courses?

Can we edit the course name somehow so when looking for rubrics we don't see 50 courses titled the same BIO 101? In this document - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12861-4152724129  we...

12-03-2019

How do I set the Home Page for a group?

I can create a Front page in Pages in the group site yet the Home button doesn't allow me to use that Front Page. The functionality is clearly set in Pages to allow us to set one as the Front Pa...

07-31-2018

Why don't PDFs display all their content in the preview anymore?

Canvas please help us display all content in a PDF file. We have noticed a subtle but significant change in the in-line preview and the file preview tool NOT displaying all the content of PDF files. ...

05-01-2018

Content heavy courses in Canvas

I am working with a faculty member who has tons and tons of content on glaciers and volcanoes. He has lots and lots of images. We tried tabs with Pages but we aren't sure that is sustainable has he k...

05-10-2016