bsr's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Assignments] "Assign to" at Assignment Group level

Problem statement: Problem: Currently, assignments have to be assigned to student sets (e.g., everyone, section, groups, etc.) individually. When a course is imported from the previous year into the...

08-21-2023

No notifications for recycled announcements?!

Every year, I import my Canvas course from the previous year into the new year's shell, and go through the announcements, deleting the ones that were specific to events last year and changing the rel...

08-03-2023

Can students download their own grades?

I know that I can download my students' grades as a csv, but can they download their own?  Every semester about this time, I get flooded with emails from students wanting me to calculate their ...

03-28-2023

Add people to groups without dragging?

I have two courses in which I use assignment groups, and each course has a large number of groups. Dragging students to groups one-by-one is fairly easy for about the first 7 groups, but then gets pr...

09-03-2021

Why does assignment say "available multiple dates"?

I created an assignment (a quiz, technically), and used the "assign to" box to assign it to three course sections. I did not add a separate "assign to" box, so they should all have the exact same ava...

08-06-2021

Is there a way to see what pages link to a given file?

I have imported a Canvas course from last year and am updating it. I have a resource in my files that I am pretty certain is linked from somewhere on the site, but I don't remember where. Is there a ...

01-06-2021

Batch Edit Assignment Dates ... BACKWARDS

I was so excited that Canvas finally created a way to edit all assignment dates on a single page, including the ability to batch edit... and then spring 2021 happened, and I discovered that the batch...

01-04-2021

New Quizzes: Allow random questions with no repeats

I just had an interesting conversation with some fellow instructors at other institutions about the pedagogical value (or demerits) of allowing students to retake quizzes, either multiple times or in...

11-04-2020

Photo albums for Canvas?

Greetings, Community, I am looking for a good way to have students share photos, possibly through an external LTI app. What I'm after is: Each student submits a set of photographs (their own alb...

06-18-2020