gailc's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

URL Questions

One of our schools would like to have their program added to our Canvas instance. The plan is to set up sub accounts for the program and courses with their main page an open course. Other course...

06-10-2020

Using Clever to access Zoom in Canvas

Does anyone have experience with Clever (SSO) as a means to access Zoom in Canvas? Looking for a smooth easy way to utilize. District also uses Microsoft Azure (Active directory). Thanks in advanc...

04-14-2020

Canvas and Zoom Integration - 2203 Error

We had successfully integrated Canvas with Zoom and added to the Canvas calendar. We then tested with a school admin who was able to create a meeting and also add a meeting to the canvas ca...

04-06-2020

How to remove double scroll bar in an iframe

I have embeded a WordPress page in Canvas, works well with the exception of two scroll bars. Any suggestions to remove and only have one scroll bar would be greatly appreciated. HTML only, Thank...

02-18-2020

Removing vertical scrollbar in iframe

I have embedded a URL in a page it works but would like to remove the additional scroll bar that now populates window. Suggestions?

01-23-2020

Site Home Page

I have a Moodle instance that will be moving to Canvas. The district would like to maintain their current home page look and functionality in Canvas. Is this possible within Canvas to set up a sort o...

01-15-2020

Syllabus - Navigation

Is it possible to add a next button to the Canvas Syllabus page? Teachers are stating that students can't navigate once they access syllabus. Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

11-07-2019

Syllabus - Next button?

Is it possible to add a next button to the Canvas Syllabus page? Teachers are stating that students can't navigate once they access syllabus. Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

11-07-2019

Canvas Course Templates

I'm searching for some course templates teachers can use as a standard for course design/development. Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks!!

07-24-2019

Is Studio now standard in Canvas?

Is Studio now standard with Canvas or is Studio/Arc an add on for an additional cost? If there is an associated cost is it per user?

07-16-2019

Accordion code

Looking to create an accordion menu similar to below screenshot using HTML. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

05-08-2019

Rapid eLearning

Curious to see if anyone is building out their courses with rapid eLearning concepts/tools. Using Canvas to offer shorter/abbreviated online courses that engage users.  Would love to see a di...

04-18-2019

EdPuzzle vs Canvas Arc

Looking for a comparison of EdPuzzle and Canvas Arc video tools. Can anyone provide the good, bad and ugly for both? This would include the quiz feature of Arc which I believe is still in Beta? Th...

01-24-2019

Likert Quiz with points

I am creating a Likert quiz in Canvas with multiple drop-down menus. My question: I need to associate points with the drop-down menus choices. For example: Yes would equate to 3 points...

02-22-2018

Course Reset?

What is the preferred method to recycle a course for the next cohort? Would it be create 1) export course content and import into new, 2) reset or 3) conclude course?  Thoughts appr...

10-09-2017

Agree to code of conduct

Best method where students must agree to code of conduct prior to start of course? Note this is without using the Canvas catalog. I would assume this would be a quiz? Google doc? Is there a way to ad...

09-25-2017

Creating an Online Foreign Language Class

Suggestions wanted!! Will soon be creating a foreign language class (Latin) fully online for High School students and would like any feedback, suggestions or experiences other instructional designers...

04-12-2017

Google: Schoolgy vs Canvas

I was just sent an article that states the best way to utilize Google tools in the classroom is within the LMS - Schoology. Can anyone provide how Canvas competes with this comment? Any comparisons ...

04-06-2017

Best method to clear course assingment submissions

Hi - What methods do most designers have in place/suggest when utilizing a course for a new cohort? I don't want to delete the old course rather keep it open for users for a month or so then close i...

08-10-2016

True or False Questions

Hi - I need to create a True or False quiz and provide an area for users to provide a rational for their responses. Is there a way to do provide that in Canvas? I can see where instructors can leav...

08-04-2016