shauna_vorkink's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

FFT = My Canvas Laboratory

Rewind to 2011... I was part of a very small team trying to simplify the department I was teaching in.  We were trying to offer online courses, streamline our grading, and organize our resources...

11-14-2015

Goodbye Park City, Hello Community

It was a beautiful sunrise this morning in Park City!  Hard to say goodbye to such an amazing week of connections, sharing, and morale boosting workshops.  Stay in touch with the people you...

06-19-2015

Grease is the Word...

Olivia Newton John was here!  She gave a fantastic performance with songs from her early Country albums, musical show tunes, and some of her all time favorites.  Check out The Official Webs...

06-19-2015

Theme Song

Student-Centered Learning: The Song for the 2015 InstCon was performed live last night for the first time here on stage! If you haven't downloaded the track yet, here's the link that will take you to...

06-19-2015

Kids K-3 Love Canvas

Have you ever thought "I teach K-3 so Canvas just can't help me that much."  This workshop will change your mind! Elementary students demonstrate their engagement and love of Canvas by using the...

06-18-2015

Tired? Worn out? Check your Fatigue

Use Canvas to self assess your own engagement with your courses, or to check up on others as they roll out implementation.  Check out the presentation from this afternoon's workshop I’m So Tired...

06-18-2015

Cool Kids and Cool Tools

Connecting with students in an online environment can always be a challenge.  Canvas has so many options to connect with students and make them feel like they are part of the online class commun...

06-18-2015

Mobile Initiatives

Many schools are pushing the frontier into 1:1 initiatives from students.  This afternoon session Our Outgoing Journey to Mobile Parity​ talked about some of the third party tools they use to ma...

06-18-2015

Roadmap Review

If you missed Brian Gates big announcements at the General Session, you have a second chance to check out his presentation this afternoon going into more detail about the Data soon to be available fo...

06-18-2015

Partner Showcase

If you missed the hat building contest and the Partner Booths along the boardwalk don't despair.  You can find them in the Hyatt today and see what integrations they have to offer! Come check ou...

06-18-2015

Flip it... How do I do it?

Flipping Woodshop​ presentation had some excellent suggestions this morning on how we can make Canvas take some of the time burden off teachers by sharing content with students outside of the classro...

06-18-2015

Were You Fooled?

Did anyone else wonder how smart they were this morning after listening to Derek?  It was a timely reminder that no matter how great we feel or think we have done as teachers, we need to change ...

06-18-2015

Movie & Music Madness

If you haven't made it to a Movie Night yet - Don't miss out tonight! After listening to Olivia Newton-John tonight we will all be ready to sing along with Grease.  I have been bobbing my head a...

06-18-2015

Has anyone spotted Joe College yet?

justjoe​ - Time for your secret identity to be your ONLY identity

06-17-2015

Hack Night

All four Canvas Community managers are in one place tonight! If you want some expert help on your course design this is the place to be.  People of all skill levels are hovering around laptops s...

06-17-2015

MyOpenMath

Math teachers of the world unite! Presenter wjames​ pointed out that Math principles haven't changed in 100s of years so WHY? do out textbook editions need to change every three years and throw all o...

06-17-2015

Subaccount Madness!

Apparently many of us have hit some pain points with our subaccount structure and permissions. Come check out the worksop presentation Subaccount Strategies​ where we saw a behind-the-scenes peak at ...

06-17-2015

Ready to Rethink School?

How do we help students who fall behind?  Many of us have someone we know and love who has struggled with our system of education for one reason or another.  By the time they come home each...

06-17-2015

Thanks for Sharing :)

Two brand new users with their first week in Canvas under their belt attended the Canvas LMS Templates - Don't Recreate the Wheel​ to help them kickstart their course creation. @Michelle Perry and Su...

06-17-2015

We Love Jared Stein!

During the General Session Jared did a fantastic job of helping us wrap our thinking space around the concept of Student Centered Learning.  He inspired, encouraged, and shared with us both pers...

06-17-2015