amber_hainline's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Google Authentication Issues

I have a plethora of students suddenly unable to authenticate Google to access assignments. This only happens in Google Cloud assignments. Our students use Chromebooks. I have 1. cleared cookies, 2. ...

09-02-2020

Crosslist Before or After Student Enrollment File Begins?

I have a teacher asking to have 3 courses filter into one course. If I crosslist them, should I do this before the student enrollment file has started through Pulse or wait until after it has started...

08-03-2020

Number of Mastery Paths Per Module

How many mastery paths can exist in one module?#mastery paths

06-07-2020

Quiz Log shows "Stopped Viewing" inaccurately

Our teachers rely heavily on the quiz log to catch student cheating during exams. However, I'm noticing that the quiz log will note a student "stopped viewing the quiz" when they have not left the qu...

02-23-2017

Fabulous February: You Do You!

You Do You! February may be short, but for teachers it is often one of the longest months of the year. Students are tired. Teachers are tired. Tensions are high. Morale is low. It is hard to find th...

02-14-2017

Differentiating Assignments (k-12) in Canvas: Helping All Learners Be Successful

Differentiated instruction allows teachers to tailor study to a student's needs and/or interests. Nothing is more frustrating than having to watch a student who has easily mastered the material not b...

02-11-2016

How are high school instructors using Canvas to gamify their courses?

I've been encouraging our staff to utilize Canvas in new ways, and I'm interested in the concept of gamification. I've considered using the concept to restructure our online PD. However, I want to gi...

01-08-2016

Are You Losing Students to Poor Course Design?

...nd cause the student to have to chase down information that should be readily available. Make the syllabus publicly visible​. Set Your Home Page Give students an anchor page. Whether you c...

12-17-2015

Canvas Tips to Save Teachers Time

I don't know many people, especially teachers, who are not pressed for time. However, Canvas can help you save this precious commodity. Here's how: Canvas Quizzes Can Score Themselves: Use a v...

11-23-2015

6 Ways Canvas Can Be Used To Increase Teacher Collaboration

Looking for ways to increase teacher collaboration in your school? Lucky for us Canvas is a perfect tool to increase teacher collaboration within and across disciplines! Here are a few ideas! ...

10-13-2015