Sean Nufer's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

AI university students attending classes

At Ferris State University in Michigan, an unprecedented experiment is unfolding that might just redefine the future of education: two AI entities, Ann and Fry, are not just attending classes but act...

01-18-2024

Balancing Human Touch with AI in Education

...n always fostering the human touch in our classrooms.  Education is not defined by sages disseminating wisdom to pupils.  We have free public libraries and most of us have unlimited access t...

12-21-2023

Beginner HTML and CSS for Canvas Course Design

Get ready to learn some fun things about HTML and CSS, the hidden magic behind many of the engaging pages you see on the internet. This session is the perfect starting point for educators and course ...

11-07-2023

Creating Course Content in Canvas from Scratch with ChatGPT

In this beginner-friendly workshop, we will delve into ChatGPT's functionalities and its role for us as educators and course designers. Participants will actively engage in building a course within...

11-07-2023

Propel your teaching skills with ChatGPT prompt engineering techniques

During this session, we will explore the potential of prompt engineering and ChatGPT, providing creative approaches to crafting captivating and efficient prompts. These prompts will not only enrich y...

09-21-2023

Create a quiz in ChatGPT and import it into Canvas

Create a quiz in ChatGPT It is very quick and simple to create a quiz in ChatGPT. Simply ask it to generate some quiz questions and it will do so. But today we are going to take another approach to...

09-19-2023

Accordion menus in Canvas

Let me preface this by referencing the endeared tabbed interaction that so many people use. I've created my own videos and blog posts showing people how to customize their tabs. However, this interac...

11-30-2022

How to create an interactive timeline in Canvas

Interactive timelines in Canvas are a great way to present sequential or chronological information to your students on a single Canvas page. In this webinar, we will explore some HTML tips and tricks...

10-05-2022

Tips for using the Canvas gradebook and speedgrader

The Canvas gradebook can allow you to do much more than collect student assignments and enter grades. In this webinar, we will explore the features and functions of the gradebook and Speedgrader to h...

10-04-2022

Introducing the new Canvas Icon Maker!

The long awaited Canvas Icon Maker allows teachers and course designers to create simple and reusable iconology right on your Canvas page. You don't need a third party tool or a graphics art degree t...

09-14-2022

How to use Canvas Studio

Canvas Studio is a multimedia tool designed to help professors engage with students over video. It also facilitated inter-student communication and collaboration. Studio has many interactive elements...

08-05-2022

How to create educational videos

This webinar will benefit professors seeking to create engaging video content in their courses. We will discuss tools and approaches for creating videos, including types of educational videos (i.e., ...

07-11-2022

Exploring UDOIT in Canvas

The Universal Design Online Content Inspection Tool, or UDOIT (pronounced, “You Do It”) is a course accessibility tool that allow us to scan our course content and generate a detailed report of acces...

06-29-2022

Canvas Typography and Fonts

Typography is an important aspect of our web interfaces and helps us express creativity and meaning when we are communicating our content to our students.  The fonts we choose can help us delive...

06-23-2022

How to put borders around your images

CSS borders are really fun and a great way to easily enhance your Canvas pictures. The reality is that you can put a border around anything - a paragraph, a <div>, a picture or video, a heading...

05-27-2022

Creating Engaging and Interactive Class Content in Canvas with Padlet

Explore Padlet in Canvas with me.  Padlet allows you to create a digital storyboard for your students. Whether you have used Padlet previously or not, join us as we practice integrating Padlet i...

05-10-2022

Using the HTML editor in Canvas

Abstract: When creating a content page within Canvas, the default view is the rich text editor. Have you ever been curious about what the HTML Editor is and how to use it? Find out at this webinar ...

04-29-2022

Create custom background colors in Canvas

Black text on a white background can be a boring presentation. Consider adding some color to your page background. While the default black text on white background does have great contrast and is e...

03-28-2022

HTML image map in Canvas

Until recently, I didn't even know this was possible.  I knew that we are able to upload an image and hyperlink it, but apparently it is also feasible to hyperlink specific portions of an image....

03-25-2022

5 fantastic online resources for professors

There is so much amazing content on the web for professors and students. Join the staff at the TCS Office of Teaching and Learning as they share their favorite online resources to help you master you...

02-01-2022