Spencer Varney's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

FYI - Issue with Sharing a Google Drive Collaboration

Hi all, Just a heads up - we have run in to an issue with Google Drive Collaborations that use the Google Drive (via the Google Apps LTI) option, as seen here (specifically, not this one). ...

02-16-2018

SAML SSO via ADFS and proxy suddenly failing

Update: We have been told by Microsoft that ADFS cannot be configured to accept a different value in the affected field, and we have been told by folks at Canvas that we cannot alter or omit the offe...

02-12-2018

PowerShell API Client - looking for input

Good day! tldr: I made a better PowerShell API client, hope folks will test it out and help me find a better way to solve the naming conventions of the Cmdlets. So I made a post earlier this ye...

08-21-2017

Generating a Canvas API Client - an experiment

Hi all, I thought I'd share a little experiment I've played around with in which I attempted to generate the majority of an API Client library for PowerShell. I hope that if nothing else it's ente...

02-01-2017

Canvas Data API - Client Integration Design Questions

Hi all, I'm working on building out an integration with the Canvas Data API and pulling this information in to a local database. I'm having a few design issues with my update program I was hoping ...

11-11-2016

Trying to push files to SIS endpoint with Batch Mode

Hi All, I'm attempting to make a new program to do nightly updates. Currently I have had a working program that was able to use the SIS endpoints to do nightly batch updates (still works fine for ...

07-15-2016

Where do I find LTI parameters for a 3rd party / vendor?

Hello! We're fairly new to Canvas, and have installed an LTI tool for What Do You Think? course evaluation. Having installed the LTI tool we get a message saying our institution isn't configured. ...

01-06-2016