Matthew Moore's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Campaign Use OOB

I am attempting to use the OOB Campaigns.  When I use as draft, I receive an error message.  I am trying to specifically use the campaigns for New Discussions one for students and one for i...

2 hours ago

[Assignments] Add Student Names when Using Edit Bulk Course Tasks

Problem statement: Instructors who are currently using the Bulk Edit tool from the Assignments page are finding that unique changes are difficult to manage as they don't see a student's name and are...

10-31-2023

Gradebook and New Quiz Integration Question

Upon creating a new quiz in new quizzes, an instructor found that the grade book column would populate the quiz with zeroes.  We tried manipulating the grade book settings but it still showed as...

01-13-2023

Copying a Canvas Course Module Feature

This is a feature add on that was most likely overlooked in Design. A Teacher who has been teaching for several years and wants to copy a course module finds that there are several CRNs and it confus...

01-25-2021

Adding an Item to a Module

A common interface practice is to put a command for the user when there is a choice.  In my opinion, it should say "Choose Content" instead of "Assignment" when a user is adding content.  ...

09-02-2020

Mastery Paths Question

Is it possible to assign a mastery path to only one student in the course and not the others?  Would this be a way to let one student who has a unique schedule finish ahead of the class?  I...

06-29-2020

Javascript Question

Is there a javascript that I can use that will return a user's full name.  I have been fairly successful using Javascripts on .html pages, but I need to return the user's name for a certificate ...

08-22-2019

Module Access in Teacher App

It's here tweets  @rseilham ‌ The most requested feature for the @CanvasLMS Teacher app, Module access, is now available for iOS in the Canvas Teacher app v1.8. Android will get support...

05-09-2019

Canvas Announcements Policy

Do you have a Canvas Announcements Policy?  In other words, how do you decide when to use the announcements feature for an entire account in Canvas?  We are finding that the requests for an...

04-29-2019

Evaluating Training for Online Teachers

Recently I have been reviewing Kirkpatrick's four levels of training evaluation ( reaction, learning, behavior, and results ) because we have an online teacher training at Ventura College that p...

04-17-2019

Ventura College Hosts 4th Annual VCCCD Distance Education Summit

On March 15, Ventura College hosted the 4th Annual district-wide Distance Education Summit. The theme was, “Reaching Every Student: Accessibility and Equity in Online Learning”. The day included sess...

04-16-2019

Essay Question on Quizzes

Does anyone know if there is a way to write comments on essay questions in Quizzes.  Language teachers are expressing a need for this on our campus, and I am thinking this could be a popular fea...

11-30-2018

Importing from a Concluded Course

One of our instructors was unable to import from a previous course. We found out that it was concluded by the instructor.  Is that a normal setting that an instructor cannot import from a conclu...

11-01-2018

Student Device Preferences

I recently attended a webinar called “Student Device Preferences for Online Course Access and Multimedia Learning”, and it tied in nicely to my presentation from this past summer about using mobile d...

09-28-2018

Online Engagement Strategies

Communicating with students, humanizing courses, and keeping students engaged and focused are common themes in online education today.  Please share a common strategy or lesson plan that you use...

09-10-2018

Rubrics with External Tool Assignments

Does the rubric functionality disappear when one creates an assignment with an external tool?  We are noticing this when we create a Flipgrid assignment. 

09-10-2018

The Mobile Movement

I have been recently researching ways to reach the Modern Learner via mobile lessons, activities, projects, and plans.  Yes, there are a lot of apps out there that are beneficial, but as  @...

07-11-2018

Evaluator Role and Integration with 3rd Party Textbook Site

Does Canvas have a built in Evaluator Role that allows access to an integrated 3rd Party Textbook? I can't seem to find an evaluator role or a way to have an evaluator have access to a third party...

06-27-2018

How does one represent "whenever" in a term field?

How does one represent "whenever" in a term field?

02-21-2018

Question about IMG html Code

Could someone please explain the different to me between this image code and what happens?  Note the difference between "preview" and "download" in the tag.  I am thinking the second might ...

01-25-2018