Valerie Rake's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[New Quizzes] enable admins to manage access to certain question types

Problem statement: Some question types - in the current situation, the hot spot question - are inherently inaccessible. Our ADA coordinator would like us to prevent people from using inherently inac...

10-04-2023

Ability to opt in to new discussions

I just checked settings in my beta instance (Ohio State).  When I enable New Discussions for the instance, it seems to default the feature to "on" in all courses.  In an individual course, ...

06-11-2021

Additional Grade Details - quartiles, median, etc

The course coordinator for one of our high-enrollment programs would like to have more descriptive data about assignment grades.  In particular, she is looking for median and quartile informatio...

10-29-2019

Course License Setting

My questions today have to do with this setting: Question 1: I looked in the Admin settings and could not find anything, but is there a way to change the default for this course option?  ...

01-09-2019

Incomplete Grades

I was in a meeting today that covered a range of topics related to final grades passing from an LMS to an SIS.  Among the topics was whether LMS's in general -- and Canvas in particular -- ...

12-14-2017

Observer Role Permissions - Discussions

We use the Observer role to allow a particular group of mentors/tutors to monitor the course activities of students for whom they are responsible.  These students have signed a FERPA waiver allo...

09-08-2017

Accessibility at Keystone

I've been looking for a specific place for this information, but not finding it.  My university is bringing a large group to InstructureCon this year (as we did last year).  Last year, o...

05-10-2017

Streaming or Recording

I know that the sessions are recorded; will they be streamed live?  My impression is that they are not streamed, but I wanted to confirm. Assuming they are just recorded, what is the expected d...

04-12-2017

Editing a default email address

I have a question about editing a student's default email address.  We have a student who changed her default address at some point before we checked the little box in Settings that disallows us...

02-08-2017

Request Process for Increasing File Quota

A while ago, I asked about the technical impact of increasing the instructor file quota for a course (Impact of changing storage quota for a course ).  Now, I'm curious about how Admins manage r...

01-21-2017

Display Default Email in People

I am fleshing out a an earlier feature request that evidently didn't go anywhere (*Display Student Email Address in Roster ).   At our university, the SIS_ID displayed in the People list and t...

10-21-2016

[Gradebook] Display Default Email in Gradebook and Speedgrader

I am fleshing out a an earlier feature request that evidently didn't go anywhere (*Display Student Email Address in Roster ). At our university, the SIS_ID displayed in the People list and the Seco...

10-21-2016

Design Tools (Kennethware) - Persistence of Designed Pages

We have have had Design Tools (apparently aka Kennethware;  @kenneth_larsen  available to our users during the the pilot phases of our Canvas adoption.  As we move into full adoption, ...

05-23-2016